I know you Star Wars fans are eagerly waiting for 14 Dec—the premiere of the much-anticipated film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
While there is still about 2 weeks until the premiere, let me divulge some facts that you might have missed along the way.
1)Star Wars: The Force Awakens
This is a no-brainer but for the benefit of people who have no clue as to what Star Wars is, the aforementioned film is a sequel to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The latter broke several box office records—fastest film to gross $1 billion dollars within 12 days and it claimed the top spot for the weekend box in Singapore from 17 to 20 Dec 2015.
2) Box office predictions for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
The film has yet to be released but box office predictions have already begun.
Industry tracking has the film grossing 200 million dollars!
3) Rian Johnson is the director
Unlike the first film in the sequel trilogy which was directed by J. J. Abrams, Rian Johnson wrote and directed the current film.
Did you know he had a cameo role in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
Guess he has gotten the Star Wars fever.
4) Carrie Fisher will appear in the film
After her unfortunate death last year, this will mark her last appearance on the silver screen, reprising her iconic role—General Leia Organa
5) Her daughter will be in the film too
Billie Lourd, known for her role as Chanel #3 in Scream Queen will be reprising her role as Lieutenant Kayden Ko Connix.
Maybe in due time, she would be able to fill her mother’s role.
6) The British royal family will be in it too
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry will be making cameo appearances as stormtroopers!
Hopefully, we get to see their faces.
7) John Williams returns to give us more breathtaking scores
John Williams is the mastermind who created iconic film scores to films like Jaws, Jurassic Park and Harry Potter and of course Star Wars.
So expect some killer scores that will probably give you goosebumps during the film.
8) Star Wars stamps
As part of the film promotion, Star Wars themed stamps were released in the U.K. by the Royal Mail, designed by British artist Malcolm Tween.
It features iconic characters like Chewbacca, R2-D2 and a Porg.
9) Star Wars themed light show at Marina Bay Waterfront
LIGHTS AND MAGIC: Star Wars fans were treated to a visual spectacle at Marina Bay Sands' waterfront in the build-up to the release of the latest film in the franchise. Here's a glimpse into the show:
Posted by Channel NewsAsia on Saturday, 25 November 2017
If you have been following our news, you would know that there was a spectacular light show featuring Star Wars icons and music last week.
Heck, even Kelly Marie Tran who will appear in the current film made an appearance.
Luckily, there will be one more light show on 15 Dec at 8:30 P.M. and no, Kelly Marie Tran won’t be there.
10) The next film
There are already talks about the next film.
As of now, it is called Star Wars: Episode IX and is set to release on 20 December 2019.
But for now, let’s just catch the latest film.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Thor Ragnarok Review: An Action-packed Movie That Was Funny To The Bone
- Song-Song Couple Had Many Offers to Sponsor Their Wedding But They Rejected All
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch IT, the Horror Remake Started the Clown Sightings Last Year
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: starwars.com
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- A Study Shows That First-born Kid is ‘Smarter’ than His / Her Siblings. Oh, The Burn - December 12, 2017
- There’s a Laksa-flavoured Roasted Chicken That’s Perfect for Christmas - December 12, 2017
- This Restaurant in the US Sells Authentic S’pore Dishes & It’s Going Viral - December 12, 2017