Hyped about the Samsung Note 8?
Well, we are too!
And when we are hyped, we tend to dig out info.
And shove it in your face. WITH 10 THINGS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT THE SAMSUNG NOTE 8.
1. Water and Dust Resistance
The first Galaxy device with water resistance was introduced 4 years ago.
Now 4 years on, Samsung has managed to make your phone-travelling experience truly vast, in the sense that you can now bring your phone almost anywhere.
With water and dust resistance (IP685) on the device and S pen, you can finally journey into the desert without fear of your phone getting smogged. Not enough? Take it for a swim in the Pacific ocean; you can write on the phone even when the display is wet.
But of course there won’t be Internet connectivity, so that’s highly inadvisable. Don’t wanna play your offline games all day long without some Instagram stalking, do you?
2. Did someone say wireless charging? Fast wireless charging?
The first Galaxy device with wireless charging was pushed out two years ago. While it might have been innovative, it wasn’t exactly the fastest.
The Galaxy Samsung Note 8, on the other hand, is equipped with the most advanced wireless charging capabilities, so you can charge your phone fast and quick without all the messy ports and wires.
3. Boosted security
The Galaxy Note 8’s got a few pretty hip options, including iris and fingerprint scanning.
Samsung Knox7 provides defense-grade security at the hardware and software layers and with Secure Folder, separates your personal and professional data.
Now, I don’t exactly know what that means, but I’m pretty sure there’s some serious legitimate security going on.
4. Dual camera with dual OIS
Capture amazing portraits and sharp images even in low light.
The Galaxy Note 8’s telephoto camera has a 2x optical zoom to let you zoom in clearly. And both cameras are preset with optical image stabilization (OIS) to produce photos that appear magically steady, EVEN if your camera goes ‘Harlem shake’.
Instagram and photography fanatics, take note!
5. Infinity display
Don’t take it literally, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s got an infinite display.
With a 6.3″ screen, 18.5:9 aspect ratio and wider view, it’s large enough to showcase the stars, and yet is small enough to fit in your hand.
Get ready to abuse that S pen, because you’ve a LOT of room to scribble and channel your inner J.K.Rowling on!
6. Performance that you will make you go O.M.G.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is all decked out like Mike Tyson, with 6GB RAM, a 10nm processor and expandable memory (up to 256GB). You can browse, stream, play all your games, multitask (you can launch two apps at the same time!), and still have enough power to go for the TKO in the 10th round. Not bad, not bad.
7. Exact specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8
This is for the Samsung Galaxy Nerds who can’t wait to pry into the ass of that slick-looking phone.
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.6 x 8.5mm
- Display: 6.3in Quad HD+ Super AMOLED, 2960×1440 Infinity Display (18.5:9 Aspect Ratio)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (10nm) octa-core CPU OR Samsung Exynos 8995 (10nm) octa-core CPU – region dependent
- GPU: Adreno 540 (Qualcomm Snapdragon) OR ARM Mali-G71 (Samsung Exynos) – region dependent
- Software: Android Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Type-C USB, NFC, GPS, Fingerprint scanner, Iris Scanner, Face Scanner
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB or 256GB – region dependent
- MicroSD: Yes
- Primary Camera: Dual-12MP, f/1.7 and f/2.4 apertures, 1/2.3″ sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, Dual-Pixel Phase Detection Autofocus, OIS, 2x optical zoom, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama, 2160p video @30fps, 1080p video @60fps
- Secondary Camera: 8MP with autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, Auto HDR, 1440p video @30fps
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Other: IP68 Certified (Water & Dust Resistant), S-Pen Stylus
Details are taken from www.knowyourmobile.com.
8. Bixby 8
I guess Samsung’s been playing a lot of Halo recently, because they’ve implemented a mini-Cortana in their Note 8 named Bixby.
According to them, Bixby learns from you, improves over time and eventually helps you to get more work done.
I just hope it doesn’t start vibrating and make weird noises in the middle of the night.
9. DeX Station
Arguably the highlight of the product, the DeX Station allows you to transfer your phone to the desktop.
All you’ve got to do is plug your phone into the DeX station.
After which, you’re all ready to send your emails, text and do all your phone stuff ON your desktop!
Incidentally, if you pre-order it now, you can get the DeX station (worth $198) for FREE.
10. When is it gonna come out?
The most important question of the day, and one that I’m really excited about too.
Unfortunately, we do not have the exact details yet, but rumours are flying that the phone will come out in the second half of September (the same month the iPhone 8 comes out). Looks like we will have an exciting match up next month, huh?
What we do know is that you can pre-order the phone right now at S$1,398, and you get the DeX station for free. It’s kinda pricey, but then, hyped stuff is always pricey. You just got to suck it up if you want it.
Would you get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8? Or would you grit your teeth and continue with you iPhone sequel? Let us know in the comments!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
- Iconic National Day Song ‘Home’ in Canto Will Please Your Grandparents
- Don’t Say Bojio: Ladies Sing for Free in Manekineko on Wed ‘Coz #LadiesNight
Feature Image: businessinsider.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Zhi Hao (see all)
- China Tourists Will Now Receive a 50-Page Booklet on How to Behave in S’pore - September 26, 2017
- Little Girl Gets Confused Over Game Boy ‘Coz There’s no Touchscreen - September 26, 2017
- Woman Gave Birth in Public Like She’s Passing Motion; Baby Dropped on Ground - September 26, 2017