As a multi-racial country, Singapore offers different cuisines. Since most Malays in the country are also Muslims, you wouldn’t have a hard time looking for halal restaurants and cafes here. No matter where you turn in this diverse nation, you can delight in a plethora of food from various ethnicities.According to Islamic law, Muslims are allowed to eat only halal-certified food. With this, there are plenty of dining places that offer halal food all over The Lion City. It will be less of a hassle searching for Muslim-friendly restaurants around.
Any type of cuisine can be found Singapore and restaurants have been careful to adapt their offering to cater to Halal diners. Whether you are craving for European food or sticking to any type of diet, you can definitely find something delicious to eat. So, here’s a list of the top halal restaurants and cafes in Singapore for all Muslim foodies out there:
1. Hararu Izakaya – Japanese halal food with a twist
Indulge in delicious Japanese food with a twist at Hararu Izakaya. It is the first-ever Muslim-owned Izakaya in Singapore that features a traditional tatami-seating area and a modern Izakaya bar. Adorned with beautiful Japanese art, you will truly appreciate the place while dining in. The halal menu includes udon bowls, signature charcoal-grilled meals, as well as classic kushiyaki. Also, you can grab your mocktails if you simply want to chill for a while after a long day at work with your colleagues.
- Location: 16 Bussorah St, Singapore 199437
- Website: hararuizakaya.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hararuizakayaSG
2. Kucina Italian Restaurant – halal Italian food with authentic flavour
Taste the authentic halal Italian food at Kucina Italian Restaurant. It is founded by Chef Gero, a seasoned Italian Muslim chef, in 2016 together with his Indian Muslim partner. As the leading and one of the few halal Italian restaurants in Singapore, it continues to serve food using only the best fresh produce. Diners can enjoy its signature Italian dishes, including Ossobucco and Gnocchi, as well as mouthwatering desserts. Your visit with family or friends will surely be worth it.
- Location: 11 Tanjong Katong Rd, #B1-09/10, OneKM Mall, Singapore, Singapore 437157
- Website: kucinaitalian.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kucinaitalianrestaurant
3. The Royals Steakhouse – meat that is halal-certified
Halal steak, anyone? You’ve read it right! If you think there’s no such thing as this, you’re absolutely wrong. You can get it at The Royals Steakhouse, a halal-certified eatery in Singapore. Started in 2015, it has been one of the popular halal restaurants in the region because of its delectable steaks. It offers premium quality halal steaks served with maximum flavor and freshness. Only the fresh prime cuts from New Zealand and Australia are picked to serve the customers and the sauces are intentionally separated for you to be able to taste the original flavor of the steaks.
- Location: 10 Jalan Pisang, Singapore 199077
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheRoyalsSteakhouse
4. FatPapas – halal burgers
Delight in the hearty American-style burgers and shakes at FatPapas. It is the halal offshoot of Fat Boy’s Burger Bar founded by the local rapper, Sheikh Haikel. Serving up appetizing burgers, ribs, pasta, milkshakes, and more, you will have a great time eating your favorite Western meals here. The food tastes the same from its original version despite switching to halal-certified ingredients. Don’t forget to make your reservations for the queues are crazy long during peak hours.
- Location: 17 Bali Lane, Singapore 189853
- Website: fatpapas.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/fatpapassg
5. Saltwater – halal buffet
Visit one of the best and hidden halal restaurants in the lush greenery of Changi Village. Saltwater is a halal-certified eatery that serves sumptuous buffet with local Singaporean and Asian food, like ayam ponteh, kueh pie tee, and laksa. It has been a favorite go-to place of both tourists and locals because of its relaxing ambiance and serene location. Additionally, it boasts of its live barbeque station that includes a wide variety of all-you-can-eat seafood and meat grilled by the chefs every Friday to Sunday dinnertime.
- Location: 1 Netheravon Rd, Changi Village Hotel Level 1, Singapore 508502
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/swcsg
6. Rasa Istimewa Waterfront Restaurant – halal Asian food
Enjoy a wonderful dining experience at Rasa Istimewa Waterfront Restaurant. Situated on a jetty at Woodlands Waterfront Park, you will witness a fantastic view of Johor skyline while having a satisfying meal with your loved ones. Its impressive menu consists of savory dishes, from seafood to meat to vegetables. You will always find something to your liking when you are at this restaurant. Also, it caters to both Muslims and Non-Muslims, so there is a lot of halal Asian food available for everyone.
- Location: 6A Admiralty Road West, Singapore 757445
- Website: rasaistimewa.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/RasaIstimewaWaterfrontRestaurant
7. Carousel – impressive halal buffet
Delight your taste buds with Carousel’s halal buffet. This restaurant was voted as the best buffet restaurant in Singapore for seven years straight by AsiaOne People’s Choice Awards and is the only one included in the award’s Hall of Fame. It also takes pride of its wide-ranging spread of good food, such as Indian, Japanese, and Mediterranean. Not only that, it also boasts of its quality and fresh food served to all diners. A lot of choices are available here so you will be spoiled with numerous food options.
- Location: 25 Scotts Rd, Lobby Level, Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore 228220
- Website: carouselbuffet.com.sg/carousel
8. The Halia at Botanic Gardens Singapore – halal European cuisine
Satisfy your palate with the contemporary European cuisine of The Halia at Singapore Botanic Gardens. Tucked in the lovely grounds of the Ginger Garden, this recently halal certified restaurant has been a perfect spot for all occasions and regular dine outs. It is an ideal place to escape from the city even for a short time. Sip their delicious mocktails and enjoy scrumptious dishes while taking in the tranquil setting.
- Location: 1 Cluny Road, Ginger Garden, Singapore Botanic Garden, Singapore 259569
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/HaliaSBG
9. Kintamani Restaurant – halal Balinese cuisine
Feast on the modern Indonesian and traditional Balinese buffet at Kintamani Restaurant. Established in 1985, this halal Indonesian restaurant serves tantalizing food, such as beef rendang, ketam sambal, and peha kambing bakar. Leading the team to prepare different meals is Chef I Gusti Nyoman Kaler. Certainly, you will enjoy the fusion Indonesian fare and will keep coming back over and over again.
- Location: 405 Havelock Road, Furama Riverfront, Singapore 169633
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/kintamanifurama
10. The Orange Lantern – halal Vietnamese food
Savor heavenly Vietnamese meals at The Orange Lantern. This halal-certified restaurant is the place to go when you’re craving for some Vietnamese pho goodness. It offers fine bowls of delish pho with some unorthodox twists. Apparently, the concept of this restaurant was derived from the design of conventional Vietnamese silk lanterns. The lanterns are all handmade from silk fabrics stretched over bamboo frames. All customers will doubtlessly be able to feel the warmth through the food served.
- Location: 73 Killiney Rd, Singapore 239528
- Website: orange-lantern.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/The-Orange-Lantern-Vietnamese-Restaurant-213222542044498
11. AquaMarine – hefty halal buffet spread
Spend a good day eating all you can at AquaMarine in Marina Mandarin. Celebrating the diversity of food from across the globe, this striking dining place serves a hefty buffet spread of Asian and international cuisines. There will always be something for everyone here so you will be left with tons of great choices. Never miss out on the restaurant’s signature Jumbo Laksa, Pad Thai, and Hokkien Mee.
- Location: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Level 4, Marina Mandarin, Singapore 039594
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/AquaMarineMMS
12. Sofra Turkish Cafe & Restaurant – halal Middle-Eastern cuisine
Come and enjoy authentic Turkish fare at Sofra Turkish Cafe and Restaurant. It is a crowd favorite as it offers affordable, succulent, and generous servings of Ottoman cuisine. As one of the most popular halal restaurants in the region, you can never go wrong choosing it to feed your hunger. Simply revel in its relaxing Turkish tea and hearty meals and desserts. In addition, all its kitchen crew are from Turkey and are known for their hospitality and dedication to their craft.
- Location: 100 Beach Road, #02-42/44, Shaw Tower, Shaw Leisure Gallery, Singapore 189702
- Website: sofra.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sofra.sg
13. Coba Coba – traditional and halal Indonesian food
Experience honest-to-goodness Indonesian food at Coba Coba in Yishun Street. Derived from an Indonesian phrase, coba coba literally translates to try try unfamiliar food. Make it a point to taste its authentic nasi padang and nasi ambeng for an ultimate dining experience. With its rustic decor accents and brick walls, you will feel like you’re transported back in time. Nonetheless, the good food will always satisfy you when in this restaurant.
- Location: 156 Yishun Street 11 #01-106, Singapore 760156
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cobacobasg
14. Santap – to eat delicious halal food
Try the healthy and flavorful dishes at Santap in Daulat Hotel. Run by the same people behind other halal cafes, such as Afterwit and Working Title, Santap offers hearty meals that satisfy the soul. In fact, santap is a Malay term that means to eat. With its wooden tables, al fresco dining areas, colorful chairs, and various hanging plants dotting its area, you will surely enjoy your time at this cozy cafe.
- Location: 16 Madras St, Singapore 208413
- Website: santap.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/santapsg
15. Positano Risto – halal pasta
Check out Positano Risto and experience a great social dining with your loved ones. This 100% Muslim-owned halal Italian restaurant is just one of the few in Singapore, so be sure to visit it. Its food is highly raved about and it serves authentic Italian fare, such as mushroom risotto, fettucini, and eggplant parmigiana. Everything you’re looking for in an Italian restaurant is definitely here.
- Location: 66 Bussorah St, Singapore 199479
- Website: positanoristo.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/positanoristo
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
- 100Plus Zero Sugar Review from a 100Plus Fan: It Could be Better than the Original
- Wedding Ang Bao Rates in 2018 Updated With Almost All S’pore Hotels
- Don’t Say Bojio: 10 Buffet Deals Happening in S’pore Now (April 18)
- 10 Events All Over S’pore in April 2018 That Both High-SES & Low-SES People Would Enjoy
- 6 Makan Places in Bukit Panjang That Are So Delicious, People Walk There Even if LRT Breaks Down