What comes to your mind when you hear sushi? How about sashimi and sake? Or wagyu beef? Do these make you crave for Japanese food? Apparently, other than buffets, Singaporeans also love eating various Japanese dishes. With the influx of Japanese restaurants in the country, there are certainly a lot of options to choose from when you’re craving for some authentic Japanese fare.
Delectable and affordable Japanese food is widely available in every Japanese restaurant in Singapore. If you want to eat Japanese meals, it wouldn’t be hard for you to search for a joint serving this kind of food. You’ll surely find what you’re looking for instantly.
Japanese cuisine is undoubtedly scrumptious, healthy, and well-prepared as always. Every dish is made with effort and beautifully presented like a form of art. Here’s a list of the top Japanese restaurants offering delicious meals you must check out in Singapore:
1. Teppei Japanese Restaurant
Taste the delectable omakase and tempura lunch sets at Teppei Japanese Restaurant. Located on the ground floor of Orchid Hotel, Teppei is one of the best dining places to satisfy your Japanese food cravings. Known for its affordable dishes, this restaurant has been gaining a lot of following from its regular customers to new ones. Book a reservation to ensure you have a seat when you get there, for Teppei is known to be jam-packed from lunch to dinner.
- Location: 1 Tras Link, Orchid Hotel #01-18, Singapore 078867
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/teppeigroup
2. The Sushi Bar
Indulge in the mouth-watering meals served at The Sushi Bar. Offering standard dishes, such as donburi, sashimi, sushi, and Japanese-style pasta, this restaurant is one of your best options to eat up authentic Japanese food. You must try its much-lauded Salmon Aburi Sushi that is extremely addicting. The ideal time to go here is during off-peak hours as it is usually packed during lunch time and dinner. Unless you are prepared to wait in line, then go ahead. After all, the food here is worth waiting for.
- Location: Ngee Ann City, 391 Orchard Road, #05-34/35, Singapore 238873
- Website: thesushibar.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thesushibar.sg
3. Shinji by Kanesaka
Looking for the best fine-dining Japanese restaurant in Singapore? Check out Shinji by Kanesaka, designed by Junzo Irikado. This striking restaurant takes pride in its classical interiors and of course its appetizing Japanese food. You can never go wrong choosing Shinji by Kanesaka when you badly want to eat Japanese dishes, like omakase, sashimi, and sushi, which is among the finest sushi outside of Japan. The soul and talents of the restaurant are a team of seasoned Japanese chefs who create every piece of its dish like an art.
- Location: 76 Bras Basah Rd, Lobby Floor, Carlton Hotel, Singapore 189558
- Website: shinjibykanesaka.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/shinjibykanesaka
4. Aoki Restaurant
Get your Japanese food fix at Aoki Restaurant and savor every meal. Established as a joint venture between Les Amis Group and Chef Kunio Aoki, this 36-seater restaurant specializes in Japanese Haute Cuisine and has been one of the most visited Japanese dining places in Singapore. Its minimalist interior dominated by intricate traditional Japanese woodwork bring a warm and authentic Japanese atmosphere. You can sit at the bar counter in order to see how the chef prepares the dishes, including sukiyaki, tempura, sashimi, and sushi.
- Location: 1 Scotts Road, #01-19 Shaw Centre, Singapore 228208
- Website: aoki-restaurant.com.sg
5. Chikuwa Tei
Delight in good Japanese food at Chikuwa Tei in Mohamed Sultan Road. It’s a flagship restaurant of the Yoi Group, which was reopened in 2015. This restaurant showcases Japanese cuisine through quality imports from Japan and conventional craftsmanship. Its menu incorporates superb Japanese cooking, which really draws a lot of customers each day. Moreover, it serves the best chirashi-don, so don’t forget to try it when you are in the restaurant. Not only that, you’ve got to order its tasty wagyu beef and handmade nigiri sushi, too.
- Location: 9 Mohamed Sultan Rd, Singapore 238959
- Website: chikuwatei.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ChikuwateiSingapore
6. Tonkichi Restaurant
Calling all tonkatsu lovers out there! Visit Tonkichi and revel in its authentic, freshly fried tonkatsu with history of more than two decades in Singapore. This long-established eatery is cozy and one of the most popular Japanese restaurants in the country. Serving sinful and yummy deep-fried pork and seafood, you’ll definitely come back for more. Its tonkatsu set served with unlimited Japanese rice, miso soup, and cabbage is the restaurant’s specialty, so better not leave without tasting this crunchy, tender, and juicy piece of heaven that can only be found at Tonkichi.
- Location: 391 Orchard Road, #04-24, Tower A, Ngee Ann City, Singapore 238872
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SGtonkichi
7. Tanuki Raw
Feast on savory raw fish and rice bowls at Tanuki Raw. This restaurant offers a modern and playful take on Japanese food. It also serves various Japanese-inspired fusion bites, cocktails, and other unique creations. You will certainly have a good time here, especially during happy and oyster hours. Tanuki Raw has a great ambiance that you can totally relax in while eating its value-for-money meals. A visit here will make you happy, as it’s one of the restaurant’s goals.
- Location: Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road #02-03, Singapore 238896
- Website: tanukibar.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/tanukibar
Appreciate the authentic taste of Japanese food at Sumiya. In Japanese, sumi means charcoal and ya stands for house. So, it’s a charcoal house that specializes in charcoal-grilled dishes as well as fresh seafood air-flown in Singapore. The highlight of this restaurant is the Irori Genshiyaki, an ancient Japanese style of grilling over charcoal flame. Master Chef Naoki Tsuzuki takes control of the kitchen and his whole team serves each customer a succulent meal all the time. Try its Homemade Dried Fish for an ultimate Irori Genshiyaki dining experience. Additionally, Sumiya features the first circular sake dispenser in Singapore that consists of over 30 kinds of sake in tasting portions. A new sake drinking experience for everyone, indeed.
- Location: Suntec City #03-332, 3 Temasek Boulevard (North Wing), Singapore 038983
- Website: sumiya.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sumiyasuntec
Have a healthy meal at YAYOI with your loved ones. Undoubtedly one of the favorite Japanese restaurants of Singaporeans, YAYOI serves reasonably priced and flavorful dishes. It truly lives up to its prominence as it gives off relaxing and pleasant atmosphere to all diners out there. The menu is wide-ranging and created in such a way that it shows the finest home-style food. You will surely have a balanced and nutritious meal at this casual eatery.
- Location: 313 Orchard Road, #B3-33/34, Singapore 238895
- Website: yayoi.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/yayoisg
Relish in the hearty and heavenly Japanese food at Mikuni in Fairmont Singapore. The food always impresses everyone as it’s prepared and served excellently. This fine-dining restaurant has three live stations, namely Robatayaki, Teppanyaki, and Sushi. Each is led by a master chef showcasing a superb talent in cooking. Doubtlessly, you’ll be delighted with Mikuni’s multi-sensory dining experience like no other. All dishes are cooked with a mix of contemporary and traditional Japanese culinary techniques.
- Location: 80 Bras Basah Road, Level 3, Fairmont Singapore, Singapore 189560
11. Inaniwa Yosuke
Delivering a moment of joy to every customer, Inaniwa Yosuke is one of the outstanding Japanese restaurants you must visit in Singapore. This conventional Japanese udon dining place is a go-to spot of those in search for authentic tempura and udon. It’s known for its flavorsome Inaniwa Udon, a humble dish made of chewy and slippery udon noodles in tasty broth. In fact, it takes three days to make these extra smooth and light, beautifully white, and soft noodles before they sit on the plate. With this, you are sure to have a first-rate dish that’s perfectly made.
- Location: 435 Orchard Road #04-45 Wisma Atria Shopping Centre, Singapore 238877
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/inaniwa.sg
12. Akashi Japanese Restaurant
Experience dining in a distinct Japanese restaurant with your family or friends. Akashi Japanese Restaurant is consistent in providing its customers with an innovative variety of more than a hundred dishes prepared with the best ingredients from Japan. Whether you’re on the lookout for teishoku, sashimi, omakase, or sushi, there will always be something for you here. It also boasts of its sushi bar, which is the longest in Singapore.
- Location: 290 Orchard Road, #B1-01/02 The Paragon, Singapore 238859
- Website: akashi.com.sg
13. Tomi Sushi
Head over Tomi Sushi in Novena Square and feed your hunger with exceptional Japanese food. It might not be a fancy restaurant, but it serves equally better quality of dishes among other Japanese dining places in the region. A wide variety of food are available here, including grilled items, noodles, and wafu steak. Its sushi bar is worth coming for as well.
- Location: 238 Thomson Road, #02-77 Novena Square, Velocity, Singapore 307683
- Website: tomisushi.asia/novena
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/tomisushisg
Pig out at Aburiya with friends and have the best time together. It is one of the best Japanese restaurants in Singapore that can be found in Robertson Quay. A chill night out with a group of friends over delicious Japanese food is always a good idea when in Aburiya. So, be sure to order its signature beef, seafood, and premium wagyu sets and you’ll totally have fun devouring yourselves to such inviting food.
- Location: 60 Robertson Quay #01-03, Singapore 238252
- Website: aburiya.com.sg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Aburiyasg
15. Sugisawa Japanese Restaurant
Enjoy authentic Japanese food at Sugisawa Japanese Restaurant owned by Cinderalla Company. It’s a casual dining place that has a value for money offerings. The yummy bento sets with miso soup and rice are sure to look forward to. The portions are truly generous and come with sashimi, too. Definitely a great treat for everyone!
- Location: 30 Robertson Quay, Singapore 238251
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SugisawaRobertsonQuay
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
- 100Plus Zero Sugar Review from a 100Plus Fan: It Could be Better than the Original
- Wedding Ang Bao Rates in 2018 Updated With Almost All S’pore Hotels
- Heroic Man Put out Taxi Fire at Bukit Batok: 6 Topics S’poreans Are Talking About Today (6 Apr)
- Don’t Say Bojio: 10 Buffet Deals Happening in S’pore Now (April 18)
- Don’t Say Bojio: 7 Kiasu-est Deals Happening in S’pore This Week (2 Apr – 8 Apr)
Featured Image: paragon.com.sg & facebook.com/tomisushisg
Latest posts by Shopback Singapore (Content Partner) (see all)
- 15 Instagram-Worthy Dessert Places in S’pore That Are Worth the Calories - April 25, 2018
- 19 Places to Eat & Visit in Haji Lane, S’pore Hipsters’ Paradise (Updated for 2018) - April 25, 2018
- 15 Things to Do In Sentosa For a Fun Day Out in 2018 - April 25, 2018