Its safe to say that Pokemon Go fever has swept our entire nation. Within a day of release, the app has worked its way to the top of the local iTunes charts, and social media platforms have been flooded with related posts.
If you’re an aspiring Pokemon trainer, chances are you’d have had your fill of Pidgeys and Rattatas. And so we decided to compile a list of hotspots around Singapore to better your chances of crossing paths with that elusive Snorlax.
1. Wildlife Reserves Singapore (Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, River Safari, and Singapore Zoo)
If you’re on a mission to catch em’ all, the WRS is one place you cannot miss. Armed with a whopping eight Pokemon Gyms and 78 Pokestops, now might be the best time for you to unleash your inner animal lover – both real and virtual.
The WRS has even provided maps detailing the locations of all these Gyms and Pokestops, which are available on its websites now.
2. ION Orchard
The swankiest mall in town might not be a gym per say, but should still make your list of noteworthy hotspots.
Not only is ION Orchard home to several Pokestops, it could possibly be the best place to catch Pokemon the next time you’re in the area – what with the mall’s management releasing lures (which attract more Pokemon to the vicinity).
ION Orchard is also encouraging players to participate in a social media contest by putting vouchers up for grabs. From now till 21 August, by uploading a screengrab of any Pokémon caught at ION with the hashtag #IONgraphy, players stand a chance to win $50 worth of shopping vouchers.
3. Resorts World Sentosa
Home to world-famous attractions Universal Studios Singapore and S.E.A. Aquarium, Resorts World Sentosa has hopped onto the Pokemon Go bandwagon by coming up with a nifty list of places for one to find Pokemon.
And if you’re looking for gyms to train your Pokémon, RWS has no lack of them as well:
- One at the midpoint of Sentosa Boardwalk (Reverie – Musical Journey)
- Two at VivoCity at HarbourFront: (Orange and Blue Bubblemen and Water Feature at VivoCity)
- Two at Resorts World Sentosa (Universal Studios Singapore Globe and Autobot Evac inside USS)
- At least four on the rest of Sentosa Island (Merlion, Siloso Fountains , Southern Most Point of Asia and Bridge to Palawan Island)
4. Chinese Garden
Reported to have a high concentration of Gyms and Pokestops, Chinese Garden is armed with “no less than three gyms and at least 20 Pokestops”.
Even if you can’t catch the Pokemon you want, at least you’d have spent your morning walking through some lush greenery.
5. CapitaLand Malls
Even heartland malls are privy to some Pokemon Go action. With over 16 participating malls around Singapore, it is no surprise that CapitaLand malls have managed to amass a considerable number of Gyms and Pokestops.
From 6 to 10 August, CAPITASTAR members can take part in a snap-and-reward Instagram campaign, where they stand to earn 2,000 STAR$ for each Instagram post. These, in turn, can be used to redeem CapitaLand vouchers.
This post was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Cheryl Tee (see all)
- 7 All-You-Can-Eat Budget Buffets Under $20 - August 8, 2016
- This Bus App Shows You Which PokeStops & Gyms Are Near Bus Stops - August 8, 2016
- 8 Nightmare Carousellers You’d Never Want to Meet in Your Entire Life - August 8, 2016