Yesterday, a couple of news on Facebook kept Singaporeans wide awake.
The Miss Singapore Beauty Pageant video released by Straits Times calling netizens out on their ugly comments. And receiving even more ugly comments, by the way.
And the collapse of an incomplete highway structure near PIE.
Here’s what we know so far.
1. Incomplete Highway Structure Near PIE Exit To Tampines Collapsed
It was reported on Straits Times that an incomplete highway structure near the PIE exit to Tampines collapsed in the early morning of Friday (14 Jul).
The 5-metre high structure was located at Upper Changi Road East, near the slip road to the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE).
2. SCDF Alerted To The Incident
In a Facebook post, SCDF stated that they were alerted to the incident at 3:35 a.m.
They sent about 60 SCDF officers, assisted by K9 search dogs, to conduct a search-and-rescue operation.
At 6:45 a.m., SCDF reported that the operation has been completed with all workers accounted for.
3. One Man Killed, Ten Other Men Injured
It was reported that a 31-year-old man was killed, and 10 other workers were injured when the structure collapsed.
The injured workers were brought to Changi General Hospital for treatment.
Two workers suffered minor injuries while the conditions of the remaining workers remain unknown.
4. The workers were working an extra-late shift
The two workers told Today that they were working on an extra-late shift when the collapse occurred.
One worker, which did not want to be identified, told Straits Times that they were pouring concrete at the structure when it suddenly collapsed.
The workers who were involved in the incident were a mix of Indian, Bangladeshi and China nationals.
5. Slip road from Upper Changi Road East to PIE closed
For motorists and drivers, remember to stay clear from the area. The slip road from Upper Changi Road East to PIE is closed.
6. Incident is Still Under Investigation, Says Police
The cause of the collapse is unclear and investigations are ongoing.
A sign that listing the official details of the project named CPG Consultants as the professional engineer for the project and Or Kim Peow Contractors as the builder.
According to Straits Times, Or Kim Peow Contractors was found guilty just three days earlier for another accident at a construction site.
The building firm was also blacklisted from January to April this year and had received 25 demerit points from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) for previous lapses.
The structure was supposed to be a viaduct from the Tampines Expressway to the PIE (Westbound) and Upper Changi Road East and is believed to be at an early stage of construction.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Read other articles here:
- Pretty OL Daringly Stole Twice from a Pushcart; Caught on CCTV Twice As Well
- 8 Changes To Your Tigerair Booking After Merger With Scoot You Must Know Cuz Tiger No More After 25 Jul
Feature Image: Straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- Don’t Say Bojio: 7 Kiasu-est Deals Happening in S’pore This Week (19-24 Jun) - June 20, 2018
- Deer Walked Onto BKE & Caused a 3-Vehicle Accident: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (17 Jun) - June 17, 2018
- Llaollao is Back in S’pore Today & Plans to Have Another Outlet in Tampines End-June: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (16 Jun) - June 16, 2018