There are just several things that can soothe a battered soul. One of them is desserts, and the other is more desserts! In Singapore, dessert trends come and go, but fat, fluffy pancakes are one of those things that have remained.
Pancakes are usually eaten at breakfast and tea time, but if you’re really craving for comfort food, nobody will judge you if you choose to make it your main meal. These restaurants and cafes in Singapore offer some of the fluffiest pancakes that can warm your soul:
1. Columbus Coffee Co.
Columbus Cofee began operations at Upper Thomson Road in April 2018. Since then, they’ve been serving a steady stream of customers. Columbus offers a wide selection of coffees that are very competitively priced. They also have an all-day brunch menu that offers two types of pancakes; the Breakfast Strawberry Maple pancake and the Butterscotch Banana pancake. Both of these are priced at $16 and $18.50 respectively.
- Address: 220 Upper Thomson Road, Singapore
- Opening hours: Daily, 9am to 10pm
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/columbuscoffeeco/
2. Belle Ville Pancake Cafe, Bugis
Hailing all the way from Osaka, Japan, Belle Ville offers pancakes that are so light and fluffy, they jiggle when you shake your plate. These melt in your mouth creations come with different toppings, including Matcha, Apple Caramel and Strawberries with mixed berries. Here, the pancakes are stacked high in what they call the ‘Millefeuille’ pancake style. Small stacks cost $7.90 while a higher stack goes for $11.90. You can also choose to add adzuki red bean, fresh cream, ice cream and others for just $1 each.
- Address: #01-01B, Bugis Junction, 230 Victoria Street, Singapore
- Opening hours: Daily, 8.00am-8.30pm
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PancakeCafe.belleville/
3. SweeT.Rex, Mei Ling Food Centre
SweeT.Rex is actually located at Mei Ling Food Centre, a location that you would least expect to find fluffy souffle pancakes. Operating out of a cheerful looking pushcart, the lady boss served puddings, cheesecakes and other desserts that will no doubt tempt your sweet tooth. The best part about it is, all her desserts cost less than $5 per piece. The Japanese inspired souffle pancakes here are light and fluffy. You only pay $3 for two pieces that come drizzled with caramel and/or strawberry syrup.
- Address: #02-47, Mei Ling Food Centre,59 Mei Chin Road, Singapore 140159
- Opening hours: 11am – 3pm (Wed – Fri) , 10am – 9pm (Sat & Sun), Closed on Mon & Tue
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/sweeeTRex/
4. Hoshino Coffee
Apart from good coffee, Hoshino is also a place where many come to try Japanese and Western fusion creations. One of their menu items is the Strawberry Souffle pancake. It comes single ( $14.50) or double stacked ($17.80) and topped with fresh cream and strawberries. Apart from this, their souffle pancakes are also served with Apples, Matcha sauce with green tea ice cream, as well as other seasonal flavours. You can have this along with a cup of your favourite hand-dripped coffee, or as part of desserts after trying out their pasta or rice creations.
- Note: There are 8 Hoshino Coffee outlets in Singapore with various opening hours. Please refer to their Facebook page for the full list of outlets to find the one nearest to you.
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hoshinocoffee/
5. Kyushu Pancake Singapore, Novena
At Kyushu Pancake, you don’t just get your Japanese jiggly pancakes served sweet. You also get savoury options. Some of these include Eggs Benedict ($18) and something called the Kyushu Sunny Day ($19), which is served with a minced meat chili and sunny side up egg. These pancakes make an appearance on their Big Breakfast platter too, together with tater tots, mushrooms, a grilled tomato, sausages, a sunny side up egg and bacon.
- Address: #01-08, Novena Regency, 275 Thomson Road, Singapore
- Opening hours: Tuesdays – Sundays, 11am-9pm, closed on Mondays
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kyushupancake.sg/
6. Eggs N’ Things, Plaza Singapura
Eggs N’ Things is restaurant brand all the way from Hawaii, so they have specialties like Spam Musubi and Ahi Poke on the menu. One thing that stands out for pancake lovers is the Hawaaian Pancake Sampler. It features five differently flavored pancaked topped with a mountain of whip cream. Come here with a partner or a friend to help you finish this sample platter that features plain, banana, pineapple, chocolate and macadamia pancakes.
- Address: #03-79/83 Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, Singapore
- Opening hours: Daily, 10am-10pm
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eggsnthingssg/
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Latest posts by Shopback Singapore (Content Partner) (see all)
- 5 Easy 1-Person Meal to Cook at Home for Singles Who Live Alone - August 12, 2018
- 6 Places to Have Fluffy Pancakes in S’pore That Are Worth the Calories - August 9, 2018
- 10 Things to Do in Taichung, 1 of the Underrated Cities in Taiwan - August 6, 2018