If you like the bright and airy vibe from Scandinavian-styled homes, you will definitely love these homes that are quintessentially minimalist at their core. Besides being visual delights, these homes are easy to manage and allow homeowners to avoid the usual hassle that many encounter when they attempt to clean their home.
Such homes are also good for those who are working with a limited budget. After all, less furniture equals less money spent. It is no wonder we have homeowners requesting for such designs and we predict that home designs like these will overtake the typical local Scandinavian homes.
Here, we present 7 bright and airy homes that will make you want to clear the clutter and create space for possibilities!
1. Wood elements abound in this home from the use of warmer wooden tones in the living area and the interesting wooden shelving arrangement that is in the bathroom.
Interior Designer: Flipside Design
Location: Park Central Ang Mo Kio (HDB, 102sqm)
Cost of renovation: $28,000
2. One word that can encapsulate the design of this home: “Lightness”. Every inch of this beautifully decorated home is suffused with light. Venetian blinds in the living area welcome brilliant daylight into the home while the many dangling lights above the dining area, with their multi-coloured wiring, give a merry feel to the space. Although sparsely decorated, this home makes use of lighting to best effect.
Interior Designer: Wee Studio
Location: Tampines (HDB)
Cost of renovation: $65,000
3. Rather than filling up the floor space with unnecessary clutter, the living area relies on statement lighting pieces to add intrigue to the space. The homeowners also played with the concept of dual colour by incorporating dining room chairs and bedroom wall panels in shades of white and light brown.
Interior Designer: Lux Design
Location: Sengkang West Way (HDB, 90sqm)
Cost of renovation: $30,000
4. When going no frills, it is important to rely more on design elements so that the space does not look too boring. This home does just so with its inclusion of a floor-to-ceiling shelving unit in the living area which plays with proportions: open shelving outlined by wooden borders are interspersed among white compartments of different shapes and sizes. The same concept is replicated in the study/play area and also in the bathroom with their use of wooden and white elements.
Interior Designer: Starry Homestead
Location: Bendemeer Road (HDB, 90sqm)
Cost of renovation: $24,000
5. The wall mounted “Guest Book” in the dining area which guests can scrawl on and the doodle on the black screen in the kitchen adds a casual element to this no-frills home and is a good way to make the home more interesting without shelling out more and putting aside space for decorative pieces. The dangling lights above the dining area enhance the casual vibe of the home and altogether, the home looks bright and airy.
Interior Designer: FSI
Location: Ghim Moh Link (HDB, 91sqm)
Cost of renovation: $40,000
6. The vintage scissor gates bring back memories of the good ol’ days and are undeniably industrial while the clean lines and earthy tones of the home creates an ambience of brightness and airiness that is the mainstay of a minimalist Scandustrial design style.
Interior Designer: The 80’s Studio
Location: Boon Lay Avenue (HBD, 102sqm)
Cost of renovation: $35,000
7. The spaciousness of the home is played up by locating the living room at one end of a long passage that connects the dining area and the kitchen. This has the effect of maximising the visual space and also making the space bright and airy.
Interior Designer: Project File
Location: Sendudok (Landed, 111sqm)
Cost of renovation $50,000
10 Must-See Ideas for Your Upcoming BTO Renovation
3 Things To Note Before You Start Your Renovation, If Not You’ll Renovate Twice
10 Popular Renovation & Decor Ideas In Singapore Homes You Can’t Miss
Featured Image: qanvast.com
Wish one of these were yours? We have experts on hand for the job. If you want to renovate your home, send us a quote request, with your preferred style and budget, and we’ll match you with five interior firms for free. Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store and Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and even reviews of more than 200 designers on the go!
Latest posts by Qanvast (Content Partner) (see all)
- 8 Modern Minimalist Homes You’ll Fall in Love With Immediately - December 23, 2016
- 7 Amazing Design Inspirations From Showrooms You Can Do in Your Own Home - December 23, 2016
- 7 Stunning Home Designs So Chio It’ll Make Her Marry You Immediately - December 23, 2016