If you’re a 90s kid, Channel 5 used to be your best friend—from the occasional failures like VR Man to successes like Under One Roof, we used to tune in to the channel for some hidden gems when Channel 8 got more boring.
But do you also remember TV shows from the US that also kept us glued to the TV?
While nowadays, most youngsters only know (or watch) Channel 5 due to The Noose, we used to also look out for some great foreign hits that stay in our mind forever. Do you remember any of these TV shows?
Wheel of Fortune
It’s just amazing how far this show has come to–it’s not dead, and it even has an official YouTube channel. And most importantly, it’s still the same host! Back in the 90s, 6:00 p.m. was always reserved for this game show that, somehow, was entertaining even when every episode started and ended the same.
Days of Our Lives
It was, well, a drama that never ended. Whenever you tuned in to Channel 5, you would most likely see this drama again and again.
Sitcoms used to be hot, and the actors didn’t have to resort to exaggerated language to make people laugh. Those were the days when we laughed more often!
Everyone would be looking forward to Royal Rumble, and every kid would think that everything was real. It isn’t, is it?
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
There’s a reason why every 90s kid associates Hercules with long blond hair and yellow sleeveless shirt, and this is the reason.
In the past, it was already an achievement that this was aired on national TV. And it was funny–real funny.
I don’t know why people say that this TV series is made for females, because I watched every single episode. Oops.
Because as an adult, I still find the themes of this show relevant today. Well, in fact, even more relevant.
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 11 Nostalgic Sat Morning Cartoons 90s Kids Woke Up To No Matter How Sleepy They Are
- 10 Retro HK dramas That Keep Us 90s Kids Glued to the TV
- 10 Movies that Every 90s Kid Love & Every 00s Kid Doesn’t Understand
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- 10 Things Your Boss Actually Can’t Get You to Do, But You Still Do Coz You #Scare - January 9, 2018
- Hawkerman by Ben Yeo: A Must-have or a Fad? Here’s What We Think - December 11, 2017
- Remember Joey Swee? Our Childhood ‘Girlfriend’ is Coming Back to TV - November 24, 2017