Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs) has been hitting the headlines recently, all for the wrong reason.
They have this irritating tendency to burst into fire when they’re recharging.
Earlier this year, an e-bike broke out into a fire at Toa Payoh Lor 1 on the first floor of Blk 103.
Luckily, an off-duty SCDF officer was at the scene and managed to put out the fire. A Chinese man was sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Then a couple of months later on Sep 2018, another e-scooter caught fire at Punggol. A PMD was left charging in the kitchen when it caught on fire.
Thankfully this time, there were no injuries reported and the fire was quickly extinguished.
But these two incidents have one thing in common: the fires were caused by the battery pack of the PMDs.
And now, just one month after the latest incident, yet another incident has happened again.
This Time, A PMD Caught Fire in Tampines
On 9 Oct at about 5.15 pm, a fire broke out in a flat at Blk 240 Tampines St 21.
It was revealed that the fire originated from the battery pack of an e-scooter which was left to charge in the living room.
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- Vacuum Cleaner Producer Dyson To Produce Electric Cars in S’pore Coz We ‘Smart Nation’ - October 24, 2018
- ‘Super Long’ E-Scooter on S’pore Road That Intrigued Netizens Impounded By LTA - October 24, 2018
- A Japan Company Gives Bonus to Employees Who Sleep More At Night - October 24, 2018