If you are one who has been cancelling your Uber or Grab rides, this is one news you should definitely keep a look out for.
S$2 fine for cancellation
According to an article from Channel News Asia, from today onwards, you will be fined a fee of S$2 if you cancel your Grab rides more than 10 times in a week. If found doing so, the fine will be charged to the passenger’s GrabPay account.
Non-GrabPay passengers who hit the cancellation limit will have to enable GrabPay before they are allowed to make a new booking – no more changing your minds after booking your cabs now!
Protecting the rights of drivers
This implementation is done so as to protect the driver’s rights from the passengers. There have also been many occurrences when Grab had to reimburse the drivers for their loss of income and any foul play where the passengers cancelled the ride after 5 minutes of waiting.
“Cancellations made by drivers or passengers cause huge inconveniences to one another – loss of earnings for drivers already en-route to pick up a passenger and loss of trust for passengers waiting for their ride to arrive
However, passengers will be given ample notice before the deduction is made so that they are clear about their offenses. The company will also be reviewing its fine scheme from time to time.
So for those who have been playing pranks on Grab, it’s time to stop! Else, just stick to Uber instead lah.
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- TransCab Slash Taxi Rental Prices Down by Almost Half to Fight with Uber and Grab
- GrabHitch From Hell: Driver’s Dog Allegedly Bit Passenger; Driver DGAF
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Cassandra Tan (see all)
- 8 Things That Happened in Yishun That Showed Yishun Could Have Been Cursed - January 17, 2017
- 5 Favouritest CNY Goodies & How Long You’ve Got To Run After Eating Them Is Horrifying - January 17, 2017
- Don’t Say BoJio: 1 for 1 Japanese Black Wagyu Shabu-Shabu Buffet at Tsukeru - January 16, 2017