Now you don’t need to fly all the way to Seoul to get your Korea fix. A Thai company just opened massive Korea-themed shopping mall in Bangkok, designed to target both Thai fans of Korean culture and foreign visitors.
It’s not exactly news that many Asians are avid fans of anything Korean, and would lap up anything related, like clothing, cosmetics, and food.
The building is a whopping 180,000 square meters, and cost $275 million to construct. Chayaditt Hutanuwatra, chairman of the private-owned SHOW D.C. Corp Ltd, the company behind the mall, hopes that the mall and entertainment complex can attract 10 million visitors per year, and become a major attraction.
Bangkok was the world’s most visited city last year, so this goal seems quite reasonable.
The mall has statues and palm prints of Korean stars, and is full of Korean brands and K-pop related stores. There’s even a floor in the mall dedicated as a concert hall, for future plans to invite Korean performers over.
South Korea’s Lotte Group is among the companies opening a store in the mall, according to management.
It’s definitely a lot cheaper to get to Thailand than to Korea, and Korea has basically moved to Thailand now that this mall exists. So fans of K-pop or K-dramas, better note down Bangkok as your next travel destination!
Since you’re here, why not check out Goody Feed’s YouTube videos as well? They’re so Singaporean, I bet you’ll like them!
- 10 ‘Oh-So-True’ Signs that Shows You’re a K-Drama Addict
- This Hidden Gem in Katong S’pore Serves Fresh Cold Beer from the Barrel
Featured Image: channelnewsasia.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Wen Xianda (see all)
- We Asked the Girls in Our Office What They Want for Val’s day - January 22, 2018
- Here’s the Reason Why You Can’t Wear Black During CNY (And Also Why You Should Wear Other Colours) - January 22, 2018
- The Traditional ‘To-Do’ & Meaning of Each Day From 初一 to 初十五 Revealed - January 12, 2018