Home to Mandopop king Jay Chou and the recently hyped diced beef cubes, Taiwan surely is something different.
But did you know, they also have one of the most ‘extraordinary’ commoners?
According to Liberty Times Net, a man living in New Taipei City claimed that his wife only shower once a year!
Before VS After marriage
The husband claimed that his wife only bathed once a week while they were dating.
Not sure how he managed to survive that.
After getting married, the husband found out that his wife might just be a bit different…
…she doesn’t shower, nor brush her teeth, for a month.
Things got worse when it turned to once every half a year.
This woman…really something else ah!
When I was in camps, the most I could tahan is one day.
How she managed to pull it through
According to her husband, the dirty substance on her body would clog up the pipes when she shower.
She relied on chewing gums to keep her mouth ‘fresh’….?
They didn’t manage to have a child due to hygiene reasons.
When she heads out, she had to use a hat to cover her oily and stinking hair.
Other things she did
The wife, known as Zhen, is now in her thirties.
The couple tied the knot in 2002 and live with Zhen’s parents at home.
Zhen is jobless, but unlike any other woman, she doesn’t allow her husband to work.
She made him stay at home to cook and take care of the elderly.
He wanted to take up a security job but she found it humiliating and didn’t let him go.
It’s kinda weird how she found the job humiliating when she…
Well, anyways, Zhen wanted to manage a business with her husband but it didn’t went well.
Overall, the financial stability of the family wasn’t looking good.
They were unable to pay for their mobile bills and insurance.
He was also unable to visit the dentist when he had a bad tooth.
The husband tahan-ed until the end of 2015 before he finally moved out.
He found a job but then his wife subsequently found out about it. She wanted him to quit after getting his pay.
He couldn’t take it anymore, and filed for a divorce for the 13-year marriage.
The judge granted so, seeing how the couple had so many disparities regarding hygiene, work, and distribution of household chores.
Claims that husband is lying in court
Zhen denied being unhygienic in court, and claimed that her husband was lying.
She explained that her parents looked after her husband like their own son.
After he left the house, he wouldn’t pick up his calls nor reply to messages. Hence, she had no choice but to go to his work place to find him.
The husband’s father testified in court that his son did complain about Zhen.
Zhen’s mother said that the couple were jobless for many years. She gave her daughter money, but doesn’t want to continue supporting the couple in their living expenses.
She was glad that her son-in-law is working, but didn’t expect him to come back to divorce Zhen.
Other bizarre divorce cases in Taiwan
- A similar case to the one above, but this time round it’s the husband and he only bathes once a week (comparatively less striking).
- A husband visited his hospitalised wife only once and did not reply to her LINE messages. She later on filed for a divorce.
- Graduated with a PhD, this guy called his mother-in-law stuff like “the one who didn’t graduate from primary school”. The wife filed for a divorce.
But then again, this article isn’t written to target any country, but just to remind everyone there’s weird people everywhere.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- This S’porean Response To JB Stabbing Case Shows S’poreans Has Weird Priorities
- Taobao Seller Travelled Over 850 km to Beat Up Buyer Who Gave Bad Review
- Uncle Allegedly Kicked 5YO Boy On Scooter, Then Slapped His Face ‘For No Reason’
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Victoria Plumb
Latest posts by Jia Hui (see all)
- Man Ruptured Throat & Hospitalized for a Week After Holding Back a Sneeze - January 17, 2018
- There Are Scammers Posing as UOB Officers Sending SMS. Here’s What You Should Know - January 17, 2018
- Couple Risked Lives to Take Perfect Photo But Photographer Got Injured Instead - January 17, 2018