Most of you guys probably didn’t know the Singapore Police Force (SPF) has a hotline besides 999.
Now you know.
1800-255-0000 is SPF’s hotline for members of the public to provide information on crimes as well as other non-urgent matters.
And it seemed that there is a new scam going around where you receive a missed call from the number on your mobile phone.
On 19 May 2017 at around 2.30 pm, the SPF released an advisory on their Facebook page to alert the public to the scam.
They advised the public not to pick up any calls which reflected their hotline number.
Should a call be made from the Police hotline, the number will not be reflected on your Caller ID.
They indicated that Caller ID spoofing technology may be used to hide the actual number and display theirs instead.
If you have any information about the new scam, you can submit information online at www.police.gov.sg/iwitness.
And of course, only dial 999 if it’s an urgent situation. If it’s a non-urgent matter, call the hotline instead.
Spread this to your friends and families before they become targets!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Feature Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Facebook Fake Friend Have Already Scammed Over $14K in 3 Months
- Unreal Twist in Bukit Batok Car Explosion: Car was Reportedly Stolen & Victim Was Allegedly an Online Scammer
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- Don’t Say Bojio: Starbucks 1-For-1 Venti-Sized Drink at ALL Outlets! (26 – 30 June) - June 26, 2017
- After You See This Hilarious Video Of What Russian Soldiers Eat, You’ll Love SAF Cookhouse Food - June 24, 2017
- Here’s Why Transformers: The Last Knight is Getting 1-Star Reviews Around The World - June 24, 2017