These days, it’s really about the Nostalgia factor and stuff from the “good ol’ days”. You know, how some people are always saying how awesome the 80s/90s were.
In fact, I’m pretty certain that in a few years’ time, people will be talking about how great the 00s were!
Anyway, for those of us who have grown up in the 90s and 00s, I’m fairly certain you’ll remember this iconic character.
That’s right! It’ll be a movie about Liang Ximei, the affable aunty from our childhood! As a kid, I’ve always wondered why Jack Neo didn’t produce a movie about this character.
I mean, Liang popo did get a movie, right?
(Whoa, nostalgia. I really enjoyed the Liang popo movie when I was young.)
However, my questions were soon answered. Apparently, the rights to the character “Liang Ximei” belonged to Mediacorp. After a discussion with mm2 entertainment, Mediacorp has decided to charge a 6 figure fee(Yikes) for the usage of the character in the movie.
Man, I hope the money from the box office will help offset the productions costs. I didn’t expect the copyright fees to cost so much!
Apparently, the filming process for the new movie is so hectic that Jack Neo did not even have the time to remove his nail polish before going to the press event for the movie!
For fans of Liang Ximei, the movie will also provide a new look at the character’s daily life. If you recall, we’ve never seen the kitchen of Liang Ximei in any of the TV episodes. Designing and recreating Liang Ximei’s house alone cost the production team a total of 100,000 dollars!
The film will be in Chinese for most of the parts, with dialects like Hokkien and Cantonese mixed in their conversations.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
For Singaporeans, I think it’s always nice for us to hear dialects and Singlish in our films. Don’t you think that it’s a lot more natural than local films with “perfect Chinese/English”?
Either way, this is one film I hope to watch on the big screen soon!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- There’s Going to be a Movie About M’sia Badminton Star Lee Chong Wei
- There’s Going to be an Ah Boys to Men X The Walking Dead Local Movie in 2018
- New 搞笑行动 Song by Jack Neo & Namewee Will Make All 90s Kids Sing Along
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Yiin Jiunn (see all)
- Gas Stove vs Induction Cooker: Which One is Better? Here’re The Facts - May 12, 2018
- 10 Misconceptions About Bukit Panjang As Told by a Bukit Panjang-er - April 27, 2018
- The Reason Why New HDBs Now Have Names, Just Like Condos - April 24, 2018