Imagine this: To lose weight, all you have to do is to put a patch on your bulging tummy. Then sit back and relax.
Sounds like a fantasy?
It might become reality sooner than you think. And best of all, it’s developed in Singapore.
NTU Scientists Develop Patch To Burn Fats
Channelnewsasia reported that a team of scientists from National Technological University (NTU) developed a patch which can help combat tummy fats.
The patch contains hundreds of microneedles, each thinner than a human hair.
What these needles do is to transfer Beta-3 adrenergic receptor agonist or another drug called thyroid hormone T3 to the energy-storing white fats.
Press the patch to your skin and the microneedles will embed in your body.
The drugs will turn energy-storing white fats into energy-burning brown fats.
The patches were tested on mice, and it was found that mice subjected to the drugs had lower blood cholesterol and fatty acids.
The white fats around the microneedles started to turn brown, eventually leading to a reduction in body fat gain.
The scientists added that the dosage of drugs used in the patch is lesser than an injection or oral dosage.
Their patches’ slow-release design also helps to minimise side effects.
An affordable way to fight obesity
The team said that material cost for their prototype is at $5 per patch. That means, barring greedy businesses jacking up the price, it should be affordable to get one of those for yourself.
But like with every good thing, there’s a catch.
The team mentioned that the patches will be available for sale after five to ten years.
Tag your friends who need one of these babies!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- A Study Just Showed That If You Didn’t Sleep Enough, You’ll Eat More & Gain Weight
- Secret Hacks to Booking Cheap Flights You Probably Didn’t Know Of
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- Deer Walked Onto BKE & Caused a 3-Vehicle Accident: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (17 Jun) - June 17, 2018
- Llaollao is Back in S’pore Today & Plans to Have Another Outlet in Tampines End-June: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (16 Jun) - June 16, 2018
- S’pore Kid Got Beaten Up by Father for Homework Mistakes & Was Hospitalized: 6 Topics S’poreans Talked About Today (15 Jun) - June 15, 2018