Our red book, the Singapore passport, is possibly one of the most powerful items in the world—just last year, according to the passport index from Arton Capital, a global finanicial advisory firm, Singapore passport was the most powerful passport in the world.
Now, according to the 2018 Henley Passport Index, Singapore’s passport ranked second.
Yes, there are various passport indexes where they measure the strength using various factors—residence and citizenship advisory firm, Henley & Partners measured the passport’s strength based on how many countries can the passport travel to without a visa.
Just so you know, they claimed that they are widely acknowledged as the original and most authoritative passport index.
According to the index, Singapore passport holders can travel to 176 countries visa-free while remaining the best-performing country in the Southeast Asia region.
My patriotism is beaming extra today.
Germany took the first spot for the fifth year in a row, allowing their citizens to travel to 177 countries visa-free.
Our neighbours, Malaysia and Indonesia are ranked 12th and 72nd respectively.
So why are passport indexes so important?
Group Chairman of Henley & Partners, Dr. Christian H. Kalin said, “The Henley Passport Index shows individuals where they lie on the spectrum of global mobility, revealing the strength that their passport has in relation to other passports.”
Well, simply put, it means fuss-free travels for us!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- S’pore Passport Just Gets a Face-lift With Security Upgrade—Here’s What You Should Know
- Everything About the Auto Passport Scanners in BKK for S’poreans in 60 Sec
- S’pore is Ranked as World’s 2nd Most Powerful Passport—Here’s What ‘Power’ Means
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: tristan tan/shutterstock.com
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- Flu Season in S’pore didn’t End as Projected ‘Coz #WinterSingapore - January 17, 2018
- Goodbye, Winter: S’pore Set for Dry & Hot Weather For the Next Two Weeks - January 17, 2018
- Do You Charge Your Mobile Phone To 100%? You Might Be Killing Your Battery - January 17, 2018