Go on, I’ll give you a few moments to guess.
Nope, it’s not because the guy didn’t own an apartment/house.
Neither is it because the guy doesn’t have a car. Or a job.
He didn’t… he didn’t have a toilet.
I’ll let that sink in.
The man was probably flushed with embarrassment. Urinal-lot of trouble now, friend.
Ok, I’ll stop now. But seriously, the lady was positively shouting at him, incredulous that he had the gall to propose without even owning a functioning toilet or bath in his apartment. Don’t believe me? Take a look below.
For those of you less comfortable with Chinese, here’s what the lady screamed, “Your place doesn’t even have a toilet, or a bath. You’re asking me to marry you? That’s a laugh!” Man, that’s gotta hurt right to the core.
At the end of the tirade, the guy just picked up his stuff and began to leave. We totally understand. How does one respond to something like that?
Unfortunately, this incident is only a milder and more dramatic version of what happens every day in China. Dowries are expected to reach hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the most basic requirements for the man before marriage is even considered includes owning a home, owning a car and having a well-paying job.
Romance and love have gone, and it is the harsh realities of life that has killed them.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Featured Image: shanghaiist.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 5 HDB BTO Defects You Must Check and Report Within 7 Days of Receiving Your Keys
- Man Gives His GF a Bouquet of Money Worth Over $2,000 Cos’ He Wants Her to Start The ‘Rooster’ Year Right
Latest posts by Wen Xianda (see all)
- We Asked the Girls in Our Office What They Want for Val’s day - January 22, 2018
- Here’s the Reason Why You Can’t Wear Black During CNY (And Also Why You Should Wear Other Colours) - January 22, 2018
- The Traditional ‘To-Do’ & Meaning of Each Day From 初一 to 初十五 Revealed - January 12, 2018