Go on, I’ll give you a few moments to guess.
Nope, it’s not because the guy didn’t own an apartment/house.
Neither is it because the guy doesn’t have a car. Or a job.
He didn’t… he didn’t have a toilet.
I’ll let that sink in.
The man was probably flushed with embarrassment. Urinal-lot of trouble now, friend.
Ok, I’ll stop now. But seriously, the lady was positively shouting at him, incredulous that he had the gall to propose without even owning a functioning toilet or bath in his apartment. Don’t believe me? Take a look below.
For those of you less comfortable with Chinese, here’s what the lady screamed, “Your place doesn’t even have a toilet, or a bath. You’re asking me to marry you? That’s a laugh!” Man, that’s gotta hurt right to the core.
At the end of the tirade, the guy just picked up his stuff and began to leave. We totally understand. How does one respond to something like that?
Unfortunately, this incident is only a milder and more dramatic version of what happens every day in China. Dowries are expected to reach hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the most basic requirements for the man before marriage is even considered includes owning a home, owning a car and having a well-paying job.
Romance and love have gone, and it is the harsh realities of life that has killed them.
Featured Image: shanghaiist.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 5 HDB BTO Defects You Must Check and Report Within 7 Days of Receiving Your Keys
- Man Gives His GF a Bouquet of Money Worth Over $2,000 Cos’ He Wants Her to Start The ‘Rooster’ Year Right
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Wen Xianda (see all)
- Guy Asks for Advice Online on 吃软饭 &Gets the Damnest Replies - March 29, 2017
- Man Hid Savings from Wife But The Money Got Torn by his Dog Instead - March 29, 2017
- 10 Rumours about iPhone 8 That Might Just Convert You to an iPhoner - March 29, 2017