Fellow brothers and sisters who love to play Mahjong till late during Lunar New Year, I have great news for y’all!
Just yesterday(13 Feb), SMRT and SBS Transit announced that they will be extending selected train and bus services on the eve of Lunar New Year!
Now, before you think that you can play until 4 am and still get home before sunrise, here’s what you need to know.
Services on the North-South Line, East-West Line, Circle Line and Bukit Panjang LRT will be extended! Wait, does that mean that people like me who are living in Bukit Panjang (Downtown Line) wouldn’t have MRT access?
The earliest of the last trains to depart the station would be the one from HarbourFront on the Circle Line (1.15am), while the latest would be the last train from Choa Chu Kang LRT station (3.10am).
Bus services will also be extended, with certain services still available until 3.15am!
Here’s a link to SMRT’s website if you want the full details!
Certain bus services, like that of the City Direct Bus, will be brought forward on the eve of Lunar New Year.
SBS Transit will also be revising the operating hours for some of its bus services on the eve of Lunar New Year.
“As most offices would be closed earlier on that day, these services will not be operating any trips during the usual evening peak hours. Instead, they will run trips in the early afternoon to cater for commuters who are heading home to prepare for the Chinese New Year celebrations,” according to SBS Transit.
Train services on the North East Line, Downtown Line, Sengkang LRT and Punggol LRT will also be extended by two hours on the eve of Lunar New Year.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
OH, THAT’S RIGHT! DOWNTOWN LINE BELONGS TO SBS AND NOT SMRT!
In other words, late-night mahjong session, here I come!
Spread the word and inform your friends and family members about the service extension! After spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars packing Ang Paos, you could at least save on the transport fare!
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts About 财神爷 You Need to Know So You Can Huat This New Year
- 10 Auspicious CNY Food For A Lucky New Year
- You’ll Need These 10 Chinese New Year Decorations for an Auspicious Home
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: gov.sg
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Yiin Jiunn (see all)
- Gas Stove vs Induction Cooker: Which One is Better? Here’re The Facts - May 12, 2018
- 10 Misconceptions About Bukit Panjang As Told by a Bukit Panjang-er - April 27, 2018
- The Reason Why New HDBs Now Have Names, Just Like Condos - April 24, 2018