Do you know how your parents’ NRIC looked like?
If you were to go home and ask your parents to show you their old NRIC, what you’d see is brown, faded laminated pieces of cards with their photos and an identification number with a lot of creases from being folded too much.
Shocking that this used to be a Singapore IC, eh? Well, at least for young people who haven’t seen this before.
Unlike the credit card size NRIC which suddenly seemed so much sturdier compared to theirs, the old NRIC is a big piece of laminated paper with just their name, a unique identification number and a thumb print. You’d find yourself scratching your head in awe at how different the NRIC was back then.
Lest you’re so damn young and you’ve not seen the current NRIC before (you lucky fellow), here you go.
After you’ve gotten over the shock at the state of the old NRIC, be shocked once again at what their NRIC looked like when it was brand new.
It’s not supposed to be brown and grungy, it’s actually supposed to be pink for Citizens and blue for PRs, similar to the system we have right now.
I guess the reason why I was especially amazed at the colors of the old NRIC is simply because you can hardly find one that isn’t brown today.
Heck, you can hardly find one of these anymore.
Here’s a toast on how fair we’ve come, and how old we’ve become.
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Goody Feed Team (see all)
- 8 Facts About The Recorder S’poreans Used to Learn in School - September 5, 2018
- 8 Reasons Why NSmen Like ICTs & Yet Tell Everyone They Hate It - September 3, 2018
- A Layman Guide to NS Liability after ORD for the Confused Girlfriend or Wife - September 2, 2018