So, I thought there was something wrong with my connection earlier, when a message I sent came with a clock sign instead of the usual double ticks.
Pretty sure it was due to my connection, I did everything a sane person would do: restart the phone and swing my phone around, as if it needed more air to get its 4G connection.
Never have I expected it to be this: WhatsApp was down.
Not sure when it started for you, but according to Channel NewsAsia, users started to report the downtime since 4:30 p.m.
If you would go to your WhatsApp, tap on Settings, Help, then Contact Us, you’ll see this.
At around 5:13 p.m., I check my phone again and the two ticks appeared. And finally, messages came streaming in.
In other words, the world is back to normal. At least for now.
According to The Independent UK, the problem occurred primarily in Western Europe and Asia, and last I checked, Singapore is in Asia.
A glance on downdetector.sg also showed that the service is back up: with a spike of the downtime reports at 4:30 p.m. and a restoration of the service at about 5:15 p.m., that’s a downtime of 45 minutes.
That’s enough time for a good dinner, but I guess in 2017 when connectivity is life, that is like 45 years.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- You Can Now Unsend WhatsApp Messages. Here’s What You Should Know
- WhatsApp Latest ‘Live Location Function’ Can Ruin Your Life
- There’s Going to be Another WhatsApp Called ‘WhatsApp Business’. Here’s What You Should Know
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- Turns Out That Jay Chou Bought 80% of His Wife’s Bags. Very Spoil Market Guy - November 21, 2017
- This ‘Deleted Scene’ Of a 100% Product Placement in ABTM4 is At Least Very Real Lah - November 20, 2017
- Mycoprotein: The Ingredient to Make Meat-free Meals Tastes Like Meat - November 16, 2017