We all know Daiso: it’s the to-go for affordable and quality products.
And when I say products, I mean almost any products: from the plates in your kitchen to the cables in your living room.
Plus some really weird items.
I mean, where else can you find a toilet paper holder?
But the $2 budget giant has been facing strong competition recently, with Don Don Donki’s entry to the Singapore market.
The latest Japanese discount store has been pretty aggressive in their marketing campaigns and is even open 24 hours.
So it’s no surprise that the iconic Daiso outlet in VivoCity is closing down next week, with its last day on 17 February 2018.
Well, maybe its closure has nothing to do with the competition in Singapore, because a new outlet is opening soon, and this time it’s at a hipster mall.
According to the Daiso website, they will have an outlet there from 2 April 2018 in their basement level.
SingPost Centre is just beside Paya Lebar MRT Station, and the last time I was there, it was crowded AF.
However, a check on SingPost Centre’s Facebook Page and website did not indicate anything about this new outlet. I see Liang Xi Mei on their Facebook Page instead.
Since it’s on Daiso’s official website, we are pretty sure that’s true.
I’m so loving the competition of Japanese discount stores.
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Daiso in VivoCity Closing Down. Here’s What You Should Know
- 10 Quirky Yet Useful Items You Really Should Get from Daiso
- Debunking Those FB ‘Magic Videos’: You Can ‘Read’ Others’ Mind Easily, Too
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured Image: Mashka / Shutterstock.com
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- Don’t Say Bojio: $8/Pax Nett for 2 Hrs KTV with Free-flow Drinks (Till 23 Feb) - February 19, 2018
- This Footage of a Taxi ‘Exploding’ in Woodlands Serves as a Good Reminder for Us All - February 18, 2018
- On 大年初一, 2 Men Broke into a Shop & Stole 2 Birds in Bukit Merah - February 17, 2018