You know CNY is just around the corner when prices of vegetables and seafood skyrocket and you start seeing orange everywhere.
Not this orange! This.
From supermarkets to your office pantry, the citrus fruit is taking centre stage once again.
Mandarin oranges are believed to bring wealth and good luck and everyone needs their daily dose of vitamin C, am I right?
That’s because, in Chinese, the word for orange sounds similar to the Chinese term for gold.
Similarly, the Chinese interpretation of the word tangerine sounds like the Chinese word for luck.
For those who love all-things orange or want more luck, then you will be pleased to know that McCafe, McDonald’s hipster sister, has rolled out a Mandarin Orange Muffin.
In a vibrant orange colour (duh!), this sweet treat is said to be light and moist, like how all muffins should be.
What do you do if life gives you lemons? Give it to McCafe!
If muffin isn’t your thing, you can dig into their Lemon Drizzle Cake which is topped with cream and a slice of sugary lemon.
But if you want to truly enjoy the aforementioned baked goods, you might as well dig into their Prosperity Burger, and don’t forget about the curly fries!
Happy huat-ing guys!
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Auspicious CNY Food For A Lucky New Year
- Prices of Vegatables & Seafood Set to Increase as CNY Approaches
- Show This Video to People Who’re Glued to Their Phone During CNY Reunion Dinner
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: mcdonalds.com.sg
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- Study Shows Foods Like Nuggets or Instant Noodles Increases Cancer Risk by 12% - February 19, 2018
- Maids in S’pore Are Treated Like Slaves, According To International Media - February 19, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1-For-1 Soup Of The Day At Swensen’s This Week (Until 23 Feb) - February 19, 2018