KEY POINTERS RECRUITERS LOOK OUT FOR:
– Internship experience at brand name companies
– Ability to work in a large business environment
– Demonstrated transferable skills to applied job. Eg. Auditing, Marketing etc.
SAMPLE OF A FRESH GRAD RESUME IN SINGAPORE:
Here’s a fresh graduate sample resume ResumeWriter.SG recently produced: https://www.resumewriter.sg/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/NEW-FRESHGRAD_750.jpg
Ensure your header clearly states your Name, Email Address and Contact Number. There is no need to put your home address or identification (NRIC) number.
The executive summary gives a quick overview of your work history. Here, we want to communicate your strong work ethic, desire to learn and leadership abilities, if any. If you’ve got domain expertise in the field you’re applying for, do heavily emphasise that.
For fresh graduate resumes, do state your educational experiences at the top of the resume. Include details about your honours band and dean’s list awards.
Always break your work experiences into 2 parts – your daily workscope and your achievements.
For the daily workscope, include a high level summary. Workscopes which are implied can be omitted. Remember, you want to keep your resume short and sharp for the recruiter.
Your achievements section is critical to differentiating your application from that of your peers. Include projects which you have led and their resulting tangible business benefits. These benefits can be in the form of:
– Cost savings to the firm
– New revenue gains
– Better / Streamlined processes
– Awards received during internship
Always tie back your projects to business benefits. This is what the hiring manager and employer want to see. Ultimately, they want to know you can bring great value to their organisation.
As far as possible do include metrics or numbers in your achievements. This helps to add substance to your resume and give the reader an objective view of your skills and abilities.
As a fresh grad, you might be a little lacking in work experience. As such, do include any volunteer or leadership experiences you’ve had. This will help to differentiate your resume from that of your peers.
The final section is a formality to include your skills and nationality for work authorisation.
For entry levels positions, here are the major job sites to scour. You can filter the jobs here by level of experience.
Singapore Jobs Bank
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
The above is a guest post from Yamini Chinnuswamy of ResumeWriter.SG, Singapore’s leading resume writing firm. For a limited time, they’re giving away free Singapore-style resume templates – download them here. You can also click here for a free resume review from their expert team!
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Goody Feed Team (see all)
- 8 Facts About The Recorder S’poreans Used to Learn in School - September 5, 2018
- 8 Reasons Why NSmen Like ICTs & Yet Tell Everyone They Hate It - September 3, 2018
- A Layman Guide to NS Liability after ORD for the Confused Girlfriend or Wife - September 2, 2018