1. Curl Your Hair In Less Than 10 Minutes
Not much time left before you have to head out for your Christmas activities? Don’t kill yourself mentally for not waking up earlier to style your hair.
With this simple hack, you can get some beautiful curls in just 10 minutes. Simply tie up your hair into a ponytail, separate the ponytail into smaller sections and allow the curler to work its magic!
2. Attain Those Messy Beach Waves, Effortlessly
Curls are not really your thing but you are sick of your boring straight hair? Skip all the draggy Youtube tutorials and try out this effortless hack – Braid your hair and press your flat iron down on it. Messy beachy waves: Checked!
3. No More Gross Lipstick Stains On Your Teeth
Imagine walking up to your peers, flashing a smile which you thought was flawless only to realize that your lipstick was being a clingy jerk who found its way to your teeth and stayed there.
To avoid that altogether, put a CLEAN finger into your mouth, do a quick smack and remove it from your mouth. The lipstick on the inner part of your lips should be on your finger.
4. DIY Matte Lips
Want to jump on the matte bandwagon yet don’t see the need to get a brand new lipstick? Here are 2 ways to mattify your current gloss lipstick.
1) Loose/Compact Powder – After applying lipstick, dip a sponge applicator into powder before patting it gently on your lips. Finally, smack your lips together.
2) Blotting Paper – These sheets are not only perfect for facial oil removal, it is capable of soaking out the oil and moisture from your glossy lipstick! Apply your lipstick and dab a piece of blotting paper gently over your lips.
5. Make Your Lipstick Last
This is one of the hacks that sounds pretty much like a myth, except that this works while a myth doesn’t. After applying your lipstick, place a piece of tissue paper on your lips and dust some translucent powder across your lips gently.
Some powder will seep through the tissue onto your lips, providing tons of staying power just like how it does to your face makeup. Tried and tested!
6. Smell Amazing, All-Day-Long
Physical attractiveness has long been associated with pleasant smells. That is why perfume is getting increasingly popular and well, pricy. However, it can be frustrating when the scent could not make it beyond half a day.
Contrary to popular beliefs, we are NOT supposed to rub our wrists together after spraying the perfume as it breaks down the scent, causing it to disappear faster. If you want to spread the scent, dab it around gently. Additionally, as moisture locks in scents, you should spray your perfume right after a bath or apply vaseline on your wrists before spraying.
7. Perfect Winged Eyeliner, With Just A Card
Trembling hands from your Christmas party hangover? Don’t fret, this foolproof card trick is here to save your day (or rather, eyeliner).
8. Conceal, Don’t Feel
Try this application method before tossing your concealer into the bin. The trick is to draw a triangle under your eye, pointing it towards your cheek. The tip of the triangle should end at the bottom of your cheekbone. This conceals dark circles as well as creates an illustration that lifts up your face instantly. You just saved yourself $20 and a trip to the drugstore. You are welcomed.
9. Correct Your Makeup Quickly, Without A Makeup Remover
These $2 makeup correctors from DAISO will be a life-saver when you accidentally rub your eyes or smudge your lipstick. You don’t want to spend hours in the toilet fixing your makeup with messy liquid makeup removers.
Definitely not on Christmas. With this, you can simply apply the makeup corrector across your mistake and use a cotton sheet/bud/tissue paper to erase it. Japanese are geniuses. Enough said.
10. Put On Your Confidence
Despite all the clothes and makeup one can wear, there is nothing quite like putting on confidence. To quote Aimee Mullins, confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can wear. Now, go and be gorgeous. Merry Christmas!
Latest posts by Refash (see all)
- 10 Coolest S’pore Mums You’ve Go to Follow on Instagram - February 18, 2017
- Top 10 Beauty Hacks That Every Girl Needs To Know For Christmas - December 23, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide To Shopping Secondhand - October 10, 2016