So, if you’ve been following the news lately, you would know that the roads are more dangerous than ever (Ehh, maybe I feel this way because I’m writing these articles).
Anyway, there’s been an update to the news regarding the driver who crashed into the market while he’s parking.
Just a short recap for you guys: On 9 Dec, A driver had lost control of his car and crashed into a wet market at Block 50A Marine Terrace. 3 people were injured in the process.
The 51-year-old driver was then arrested for causing grievous hurt by a negligent act.
The driver has since been arrested and he claims that the accident was due to a vehicle malfunction while he was parking.
The 3 injured were Florist Yeo Lee Eng, stall assistant Zhuo Zheng Hai and a domestic helper. They were subsequently sent to the hospital for treatment.
A witness known only as Mr Chen said that the driver seemed like he was trying to reverse into a parking lot when the incident occurred.
The car then struck a tree before the driver allegedly lost control. The vehicle then collided with a pillar before charging into the flower shop.
The florist, Miss Yeo, said that she ‘does not blame anyone for the accident’.
Wow, that’s magnanimous of her. I’m fairly certain people would take the chance to sue for more money.
I hope the driver at least apologizes for the accident and show some sincerity while doing so.
Technical difficulty or not, he did run his vehicle into 3 people after all.
That being said, please get your vehicles checked on a regular basis. You wouldn’t want something like this to happen while you’re driving (nobody wants, actually).
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- There Could Soon Be Driverless Vehicles On The Roads… And That Worries Me
- The Complete Guide to What to Do If You Have an Accident with a M’sia Vehicle in S’pore
- Another Case of Vehicle Hitting Height Limit Barrier, This Time in Punggol
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: stomp.straitstimes.com
Latest posts by Yiin Jiunn (see all)
- 8 Places to Hold a Wedding Banquet in S’pore for Under $1K Per Table (Updated for 2018) - April 8, 2018
- 10 Facts About Ez-Link Cards ‘Coz It’s Not Just a Card for Public Transport - April 7, 2018
- 6 Makan Places in Bukit Panjang That Are So Delicious, People Walk There Even if LRT Breaks Down - April 7, 2018