Sometimes we see police patrolling at MRT stations and the airport.
And then I start to worry if there’s anything happening in the station and fasten my pace.
I do trust them in taking down the bad guys, but better to be safe than sorry right?
But anyways, if you’re a dog lover, you’re in luck.
Ironically, you should be happy to see public Transcom (Transport Security Command) officers walking around in public transport hubs this month.
They will be paired with an officer from the K-9 unit and a police dog.
But before you start getting excited about patting dogs, this is to warn you that they are working and is in the do not disturb mode.
So please lah, don’t go and ask to take selfies with the dogs.
Security is gonna tighten this festive month at public transport hubs. The police dogs are tasked to sniff out explosives in high traffic flow areas such as the CBD.
The Transcom officers will then be in charge of looking out for suspicious behaviour. If somehow you get stopped by them, just cooperate with the check.
It only takes 2 minutes.
Patrolling duties at each station lasts for about 30 minutes.
This is under the Special Operations Command, as part of the police’s effort to counter terrorism.
On the other hand, if you’re not that a big fan of dogs, Transcom officer Sergeant (NS) Bryant Choo said that they will use themselves “as a form of barrier to separate the dogs from members of the public”.
With December being a month of Christmas shopping and celebrating the new year, the extra patrols sure do make public transport safer and more enjoyable.
Unless MRT breakdown.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Here’s Why Netizens Are Angry Over the Monitor Lizard Found in SMRT Train Depot
- The Offical SMRT App That Can Tell You About Train Delays And More
- Someone Made a Map That Provides Alternative Travel Routes with Buses During MRT Shutdown
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Ka Wei (see all)
- 10 Best Places to Go in S’pore During Christmas Without Spending a Single Cent - December 8, 2017
- Uni Student Found BF with Her First Grab Ride. But Then Again The Driver is Smooth AF Lah - December 8, 2017
- 13-year-old Wanted to Leave Gang But Ended Up in a Hospital Instead - December 8, 2017