Last Updated on 2022-12-15 , 2:53 pm
What’s the correct lettuce pronunciation ah?
Singaporeans are a food-obsessed bunch and it is little wonder that we are willing to travel far and wide in search of the best food in the country. But we don’t have the best track record when it comes to pronunciation.
There are many different types of cuisine available in the multi-racial Singapore but sometimes it gets embarrassing when we order some exotic dish and the server goes “huh?” and corrects your pronunciation. Like using the wrong lettuce pronunciation in Subway.
The staff is probably going to talk about you for days.
Well, fret not: here’s a concise guide that will come in handy.
Correct: fuh This Vietnamese dish isn’t pronounced the same way as it is spelt.
Llao Llao is from Spain and the pronunciation is as Spanish as it gets.
A common dish but the pronunciation gets butchered so often that it is sad.
Don’t let the pronunciation stop you from ordering this delicious dish for dinner.
Now you know what to say when you are at Subway.
There is no ‘x’ in espresso, people!
Chipotle is a major ingredient in many Mexican dishes and if it is this important, you’d better get it right.
Wrong: wa-sah-bey Correct:
Correct: wa-sa-bee Pronouncing it
Pronouncing it wa-sah-bey will not make you sound more atas.
Yes, it is that layered pasta in tomato sauce that we want.
Imagine Popeye the Sailor Man pronouncing it as spee-nak.
Featured Image: CheDima / Shutterstock.com & wsantina / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast