Last Updated on 2016-05-18 , 3:47 pm
Do you often scold your boyfriend when he brings you to hawker centre? Its time for you to learn how to appreciate him then.
Here are the 10 reasons why a boyfriend who loves hawker food is the best boyfriend ever
He is thrifty
With Bak Chor Mee that goes as low as $2.50, you can be sure that he’s a thrifty guy or at the very least, a guy who knows how to manage his finances. Isn’t that a quality we all want in our future husband?
He is easy-going
You can be sure that he’s a guy that is not THAT fussy about hygiene or crowds if he patronise the hawkers regularly.
He is realistic
Its pretty safe to assume that guys who love hawker food are guys who love practicality. They jolly well know that hawker food is both the cheapest and the fullest. Unlike restaurants where you spent a bomb to get your stomach only half-filled.
He is romantic
Eating hawker food regularly also means that he’ll prolly has more money than any typical boyfriend. Hence, he’ll definitely have the capability to splurge on you during special occasions. So watch out on your birthday. 😉
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
He will stop you from impulse buys
By eating hawker food, it means that he knows how to spend his money wisely. Which also means that he’ll think twice before spending any, and yes, including yours.
He is most likely ‘yours’
I mean… let’s be realistic. Not all girls will be able to accept guys who always eat hawker food. Not everyone can stand the heat, the stench and the humidity in a hawker centre. So you can be pretty sure that you’ll face lesser competition.
He knows of the best deals around
Knowing where to find the best hawker food probably also means that he’ll know where to find the best deals. So you’ll no longer have to worry about burning a hole in your pocket!
He knows the importance of saving
Sometimes the reason why he loves hawker food may be because he is aware of the importance of savings. And with that, you can be sure that he’ll always be well prepared for rainy days.
He loves to share
Food always taste better when being shared, and the less is said for hawker food. What’s the point if you don’t share your BBQ wings or your sambal stingray? So if you date someone who goes to the hawker centre often, you can be sure he’s someone who loves to share.
He knows how to make gifts
Since he doesn’t enjoy high end restaurants, he will probably not bring you there during special occasions. But he may surprise you with a handmade gifts to compensate for that! You’ll never know!
So isn’t it time for you to stop cafe-hopping for a while and start going for all the delicious hawker food?!
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee