Breakfast food doesn’t have to be boring, especially in Asia. You can find all kinds of dishes to make your first meal of the day a special one. What is your preference? Savoury dishes, sweet pastries with good coffee, dim sum, good old prata… You can find it all here. If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day (we know it’s ours!), keep this list on you – it’ll come in quite handy when you’re asking yourself where to eat the best breakfast in Singapore.
1. Samy’s Curry
Looking for a Halal-certified breakfast? Samy’s Curry may not feel like breakfast food at first glance, but trust us – you’ll love it here. Try the masala tea with your meal. They serve up some authentic Indian dishes, and their Butter Chicken Curry is a must-try.
- Operating hours: Wed-mon (11am-3pm, 6pm-10pm)
- Location: 25 Dempsey Road Singapore Civil Service Sports Club, Singapore 249670, Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 8- 15
- How to get there: Take the 106 bus until CSC Dempsey Clubhouse station. It’s a 5-minute walk to the south from the station
2. Tolido’s Espresso Nook
For some variety, go to Tolido’s Espresso Nook. They serve international, local and fusion cuisine. Make sure to try out their artisan coffee – it’s one of the best in Singapore – their Pandan Pancake and Laksa Prawn Pasta.
- Operating hours: 8am to 6:30pm every day (except weekends with a 9am opening)
- Location: 462 Crawford Lane, Blk 462, #01-63, Singapore 190462, Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 15-25
- How to get there: Take the 2, 12, 33, 107, 107M or 133 buses to the BLK 461 station. Follow Jln Sultan road southwards until you see Tolido’s Espresso Nook
3. Oriole Coffee + Bar
Looking for early morning comfort food? Oriole Coffee + Bar should be on your must-visit list. Their Death Cream is to die for, and so is their Waffle with Marble Creamery Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Operating hours: 08:00am – 11:00pm
- Location: 96 Somerset Road, #01-01 Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, Singapore 238163
- Budget: SG $30
- How to get there: Take the North-South Line to Somerset and walk towards Oriole Coffee + Bar at [email protected]
4. Wild Honey
Waffles, coffee, and healthy options are the name of the game here at Wild Honey. Aside from serving breakfast all day every day, Wild Honey features a great outdoor veranda where you can take your morning coffee slow with a good book. Try out their English Breakfast Platter and top it off with their Rich Double Baked Choc Cake with Ice Cream.
- Operating hours: 9am-9:30pm everyday (10:30pm closing on Friday and Saturday)
- Location: 333A Orchard Road #03-02 Mandarin Gallery, Singapore 238897, Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 15- 30
- How to get there: Take the 36, 77, 171, 190, 598, 972 (and more) busses to the Opp Mandarin Orchard bus station. Wild honey will be across the street
5. Toby’s Estate Coffee
With coffee coming in from Brazil, Guatemala, and Colombia, it’s no surprise why Toby’s Estate Coffee is a popular breakfast spot for coffee lovers. Aside from great coffee, they have great breakfast sets too – make sure to take a bite out of their Eggs Benedict (Brooklyn Style) and their Croissants!
- Operating hours: 7:30am-6pm every day
- Location: 8 Rodyk Street 8 Rodyk, #01-03/04, Singapore 238216, Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 20-35
- How to get there: Take the 1N to 6N, 51, 64, 123, or 186 bus to the Hotel Miramar Station, and take a short walk across the singapore river to Toby’s Estate
6. Dutch Colony Coffee Co.
Western cuisine at its finest – that’s what Dutch Colony Coffee Co. is about. If you’re curious about their Flight Coffee, we suggest you go for it: it’s coffee that sparks a curious taste on the tongue. Try their Truffle Egg Mayo Croissant and House Pancakes to go with it!
- Operating hours: 8am to 8pm every day
- Location: 113 Frankel Avenue, Singapore 458230
- Budget: SG $ 12 – 20
- How to get there: Take the 32 bus to the Aft Siglap Dr station. Dutch Colony Coffee would be a few minute’s walk down the road
7. Springleaf Prata Place
For everything Asian, go to Springleaf Prata Place – here, you can choose among Singaporean, Indian and other Asian dishes. They’re all Halal-certified too, and they have vegetarian options. Try their Plaster Blaster and their Ultimate Murtabak!
- Operating hours: 8am-12mn everyday
- Location: No, 1 Thong Soon Ave, Singapore, with 2 more locations available in Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 8-12
- How to get there: Take the 138, 167, 169, or 980 bus to the Opp Former Seletar Inst station, and walk northwards to Springleaf Prata Place
8. Brasserie Les Saveurs
If you want to up the ante a bit and go for something along the lines of fine dining during breakfast, go for Brasserie Les Saveurs. They serve some of the most delicious French dishes, like their Berry Clafoutis and Foie Gras Terrine.
- Operating hours: 6:30am-10pm everyday
- Location: 29 Tanglin Road St. Regis Hotel Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 45-60
- How to get there: Take the 7, 36, 77, 105, 106 and more buses to Aft Tomlinson Rd station. Walk southwards towards the St Regis Singapore hotel
If you’re in the mood for something simple – like a sandwich and coffee combo – head over to Ronin. Take note though: just because it’s simple doesn’t mean your mouth won’t water – just take a taste of their Wicked Mocha and a plate of their Scrambled Eggs on Toast.
- Operating hours: 8am-6pm everyday
- Location: 17 Hong Kong Street, Singapore
- Budget: SG $ 15 – 25
- How to get there: Take a local bus to the Boat Quay station, walk west on Hong Kong Street to Ronin
10. Group Therapy
Group Therapy is perfect for friends looking for a relaxing breakfast after a week of hard work – what with their cozy ambiance coupled with their out of this world breakfast menu. Try out their Pancake stack and their Brioche Toast!
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
- Operating hours: 8am-6pm every day
- Location: 30 East Coast Road #01-11 Katong V, Singapore 428751
- Budget: SG $ 15 – 25
- How to get there: Take the 10, 12, 14, 32, 40, or 47 bus to the Opp Roxy Sq station, and walk southwards to Katong V
11. Baker & Cook Hillcrest
Serving up European and vegetarian dishes, Baker & Cook Hillcrest is great for slow and mornings. Their Eggs Benedict is no stranger to the 5-star review, and if you’re hungry for more, go for their Spinach and Feta Tart Beet Carrot Salad.
- Operating hours: 7am-8pm every day
- Location: 77 Hillcrest Road, Singapore 288951
- Budget: SG $ 15-20
- How to get there: Best to take a taxi as there’s no nearby public transportation. But if you’d rather commute, take the 66, 151, 157, 174, etc. buses to Opp Tan Kah Kee Station. Walk northwards to Hillcrest Road
Great for families, this casual water-front cafe is a favorite among those on the hunt for both a great breakfast and a great dessert. Try out their Eggs Benedict – this is the dish they’re best known for – and then top it off with their Sticky Date Pudding.
- Operating hours: 9am-12mn everyday
- Location: 2 Keppel Bay Vista, Marina at Keppel Bay, Singapore 098382
- Budget: SG $ 25-30
- How to get there: Best to take a taxi to Keppel Island
13. The Lokal
The Lokal is your go-to place for Australian breakfast dishes – not only do they serve up the best ricotta, but they also bake their cakes and muffins fresh everyday. Try out their Toasted Banana Bread and their Pimp Your Breakfast set – trust us, you won’t regret it.
- Operating hours: 8am-10:30pm every day (4pm closing on Sunday, 5pm on Monday)
- Location: 136 Neil Road, Singapore 088865
- Budget: SG $15-20
- How to get there: Take the 61, 166, or 197 busses to Bef The Pinnacle @ Duxton Station, then walk down the road to The LoKal
Artistry is where you go for a much-needed dose of art paired with a delectable breakfast. It’s located in a quiet neighborhood too so you can look forward to a refreshing ambiance. Their food in themselves are works of art too – make sure to taste their PB&J French Toast and their Big Breakfast Platter!
- Operating hours: 9am-11pm (Tues-Sat), 9am-4pm (Sunday).
Closed on Mondays.
- Location: 17 Jalan Pinang, Singapore 199149
- Budget: SG $ 20-25
- How to get there: Take bus 2, 12, 33, or 133 to the Opp Stamford Pr Sch station, walk south down Victoria St., turn left on to Jin Pinang road and on the right you’ll find the Artistry Cafe
Cedele is best known for pastries and bread – but who says you can’t have sweet stuff for breakfast? Satisfy your cravings right here with their Pineapple Tarts, and fill your tummy with their Smoked Salmon Tahini Sandwich.
- Operating hours: 10am-10pm daily
- Location: 501 Orchard Road, #03-14 Wheelock Place
- Budget: SG $20-25
- How to get there: Take the 7, 106, 174, 123, etc. busses to the Royal Thai Embassy station. Walk down south along Angullia Park road to 501 Orchard Road where you will find Celede
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Featured Image: Instagram (misteraladin and gom__ori)
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’porean Got Scolded by Kid’s Parent for Not Smiling Back at Kid in an MRT Train. Strawberry Level X 99, Indeed.
- McDonald’s S’pore Has a Super Secret Prawn Paste ‘XXL’ Chicken Cutlet. We Tried It & It’s the Best Chicken Cutlet EVER
- Tourists Urged to be Careful After Footage of Woman Drugged in Thailand Got Viral with 5 Million Views
View this post on Instagram
The Coca-Cola Plus Coffee has arrived in Singapore, and let’s just say that the taste is very subjective: one of us thinks it’s like coffee candy, one of us thinks it’s like carbonated dark chocolate milk and one of us think it’s like Vanilla Coke. However, none of us thinks that it’s worth a second try, simply because we’ll all rather have Coke and coffee separately. Read the full review in our app. Link in bio. #sgig #sg #singapore #instasg #yoursingapore #sgphoto #singaporean #singaporelife #thisissingapore #instagramsg #igerssingapore #iluvsg #sgdaily #singaporeig #sglocal #sglifestyle #sgbloggers #sgblogger #sgfood #sgfoodies #foodsg #sgigfood #sgfoodporn #coke #cokecoffeeplus #cocacolacoffee #cocacola #sgcoffee