Last Updated on 2020-03-02 , 1:08 pm
Are you looking to name your child soon? Or are you just curious to find out what the most common Chinese names in Singapore and Malaysia are? Well, whatever it is, here is our very own list of that.
I had two classmates in the same year that were both named ‘Jun Jie’, and calling them out for the regular write-your-answer-on-the-board had never been harder for the teacher.
It’s kind of hard to remember the Yi Ling from your class when you have a few others to differentiate from.
It feels kind of depressing to see your own name being among the common, but I accepted it long ago. There would be at least two ‘Zhi Hao’s every year, and that’s not even including me yet.
To see a Jia Hui once every year became a regular expectation for me.
I always thought the name was cool, until I saw two over a year and became chilled about it.
Why Presidential Election 2023 Will Start from June 2023 After President Halimah’s Announcemen:
This is pretty much a staple name in your up and coming class.
Seen pretty regularly, Hui Jie’s a name for the seductive guys.
Associated in Primary School; associated again in Secondary School. Note: they are different ‘Hui Min’s.
Met one in my pre-school years, and perhaps a couple more in the tertiary education system.
I always think of the word ‘Classy’ whenever I see this particular name — it’s probably because every Jing Yi I have encountered before seems pretty elegant in her own right.
Seen a few, but it wasn’t until the last couple of years that I started associating the name with a persona that’s intelligent and has a knack of throwing out not too sensitive remarks.
Must be a trick of my mind, but a female with a bossy and you-better-get-here-right-now attitude pops up in my mind at the very mention.
I must have met at least 5 ‘Jun Kai’s over the years, and every one of them seemed rugged for some reason.
A nice-sounding name that always brings a pleasant ring to my ears every year.
For some reason picturing a cool guy with a hard volley.
And there you have it, 15 of the most common Chinese names in Singapore and Malaysia. Let us know if you think they are common Chinese names if you’ve heard them before! Let us know too if maybe, you have a common Chinese name too.
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Higher Risk of Haze & Warmer Weather in S’pore Expected For Jun to Oct 2023
- Uncle Ambushed Cai Png Stall Owner On His Way to the Toilet For Giving Too Little Chicken
- Woman Panicked & Pleaded Profusely After Caught Stealing Toilet Paper; Netizens Divided over TikToker’s Actions
- S’pore Influencer Ghosted Thai Eatery After Free Meal; Later Claimsed It’s a Misunderstanding
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee