Hari Raya Aidilfitri or Hari Raya Puasa falls on 5 June 2019 this year, after the blessed month of Ramadan. A celebratory day of homecoming, it is also a day of rest to check out those fun activities you may have been looking forward to.
Check out this listicle of 15 things to do during Hari Raya to find out!
1) Geylang Serai Bazaar
The number #1 thing to do is to visit the annual Geylang Serai Bazaar if you have not. Much anticipated and much talked about, the pop-up stores sell a wide variety of food and homeware. This year’s Bazaar has 100% Halal food, so if you’re there to break fast with your Muslim friends, it is just the perfect venue to hunt for mouthwatering treats.
There are traditional favourites like rendang (beef stew), nasi lemak, and kebabs, but most people go for unique ‘hipster’ foods. Like for instance, a prata and waffles combination or ‘praffles’ from Fooditude. Perhaps lobster rolls from BURP Live station catering sounds more enticing? For those with a sweet tooth, The Cha Yen sells Dutch baby pancakes with fancy flavours like Ondeh Ondeh and Banana Split. Are you drooling already?
Geylang Serai Bazaar
Date: 3rd May – 5th June 2019
Venue: Geylang Serai Market
Time: All day
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- TAFEP Contacting Nas Daily After He Intended to Recruit a Foreigner Based in S’pore
- Fish Leong Reportedly Officially Divorced After 9 Years of Marriage
- Thai Man Found Dead, Allegedly Consumed White Wine & Durians Together
- Woman Suffers Deadly Brain Infection After Using Cotton Buds To Clean Her Ears
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Boneless Chicken Steak: It’s Like Shrooms Burger Except No Buns