Hari Raya Aidilfitri or Hari Raya Puasa falls on 5 June 2019 this year, after the blessed month of Ramadan. A celebratory day of homecoming, it is also a day of rest to check out those fun activities you may have been looking forward to.
Check out this listicle of 15 things to do during Hari Raya to find out!
1) Geylang Serai Bazaar
The number #1 thing to do is to visit the annual Geylang Serai Bazaar if you have not. Much anticipated and much talked about, the pop-up stores sell a wide variety of food and homeware. This year’s Bazaar has 100% Halal food, so if you’re there to break fast with your Muslim friends, it is just the perfect venue to hunt for mouthwatering treats.
There are traditional favourites like rendang (beef stew), nasi lemak, and kebabs, but most people go for unique ‘hipster’ foods. Like for instance, a prata and waffles combination or ‘praffles’ from Fooditude. Perhaps lobster rolls from BURP Live station catering sounds more enticing? For those with a sweet tooth, The Cha Yen sells Dutch baby pancakes with fancy flavours like Ondeh Ondeh and Banana Split. Are you drooling already?
Geylang Serai Bazaar
Date: 3rd May – 5th June 2019
Venue: Geylang Serai Market
Time: All day
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill