It’s yet another article about a haunted place, so without further ado, let’s just dive right in, okay?
History of Fort Canning Hill
Known previously as the Forbidden Hill, the name was such as the hill was once the residence of Singapore’s native kings. 14th century king of Temasek, Sultan Iskandar Shah once lived here and his kramat (mausoleum) remains standing “guarding” the park now. His spirits is believed to be roaming around the current Fort Canning Park, including the area where outdoor concerts are held.
The outdoor concert area, surrounded by some of the tombstones on the walls, was previously the Old Christian cemetery. Perhaps next time you can have a hear whether the sound quality of the concerts there are exceptionally better, or if they may be special sound effects!
What is it?
Fort Canning Hill is formed in a way that resembles a “Mountain-climbing Tiger’ when you look at its feng shui. Formerly pristinely situated to be an iconic landscape landmark facing the town, the mouth of the ‘tiger’ is now stuffed with the old Ministry for Information and the Arts (MITA) now Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY). Who knows what can happen at night when there is a hungry tiger unable to eat?
Most importantly: What’s so spooky?
Loud noises and thumps have been reported by visitors to the park at night, as well as sightings of white hooded figures breezing by couples paktor-ing near the top of the shelters. If your girl is athletic, do date her somewhere else for a night jog unless you want other “guests” to make the home run more romantic!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, also join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Ultimate Guide to The Fortune of All 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs in 2020 (Would You Huat or Lose Everything in the Rat year?)
- Stinky Tofu Stall in AMK CNY Bazaar Forced to Close As Strong Odour Seeps into AMK Hub
- Grab Driver Reportedly Calls Police On Passenger Who Rest Her Head Against Husband’s Shoulders
- Everything About the $12 Million Hong Bao Toto Draw 2020 That’s Happening on 7 Feb
- Complete Guide to All the Extended MRT & Bus Services on CNY 2020 Eve
- CNY Ang Bao Rates 2020 Based On A Regular S’porean’s Income