Last Updated on 2016-10-07 , 3:03 pm
Okay, this might confuse some of you: What is a container cafe? Well, like the name suggests, it’s basically a café housed in a shipping container—or a building that resembles a shipping container.
No one knows why it has been trending recently, but this has not quite taken off in Singapore with good reasons: our tiny country doesn’t even have spaces to hold real shipping containers, so do you think it will have lands for container café?
But fret not—across the causeway, there’re several container cafes, and what do we do in cafes? Instagram, of course. Here’re the four container cafes you must really visit if you’re really in need of some new Instagram images!
Chaiwalla & Co. Container Café
Known to be the first container café in Malaysia, it’s so popular that it has a few outlets now. The founder used to be a sailor, which explains his love for shipping containers. With over 5,000 Likes in their Facebook Page, it is definitely one of the more popular container cafes in JB!
Address: Jalan Tan Hiok Nee, Bandar Johor Bahru, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Opened just a few months ago, Coffee Signature is a two-storey container café and has interesting drinks like Sweet Rain that has a cotton candy on top of the cup to resemble a cloud. If you really need new images for your Instagram account, this is one place you shouldn’t miss.
Address: 52, Jalan Serampang, Taman Tebrau Jaya, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
A relatively bigger container café that has a top open deck, this place not only offers container-style ambience but also good food. Parking is easy here as well, since it’s quite an ulu location!
Address: 76831, Jalan Kuning Muda, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
This is not a new café—it’s the second outlet by the good people in Bxie Blonde, with their first outlet in KL. Located near Legoland, this could be the café for a good cup of coffee + Instagram after many selfies with Legos!
Address:: Mall of Medeni, Nusajaya, Johor (Outside Legoland)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast