Pasar malams always had a wide variety of food for sale. From the usual Ramly burgers to more unique offerings being sold in recent years, one can get too caught up walking around the night market and end up empty-handed. Here are some things you must buy when visiting a pasar malam.
Hold a conversation about pasar malams and Ramly burgers are usually mentioned within the first three sentences. The Malay-style burger brand is a mainstay in pasar malams islandwide and it’s almost sacrilegious to not buy one when you’re strolling through the aisles.
Like the Middle Eastern wrap but not willing to fork out the cash for overpriced options in restaurants here? Pasar malams have got you covered. These are normally sold for a third of what one kebab would cost you in a restaurant and they probably even taste the same, or better.
Deep fried Oreos
You’d normally only see these on TV but they are slowly becoming available in pasar malams here. Dusted with icing sugar, they are a great snack but be prepared for an intense workout the next day, you’re eating deep-fried Oreo cookies after all.
The steamed cake appeals to anyone, young or old. If the usual shaved coconut filling isn’t your cup of tea, you can opt for a chocolate or peanut filling, amongst others. Watching the stall assistant prepare your tutu kueh is surprisingly fun to watch as well.
Tornado potato sticks
The Korean snack has made its way to Singaporean pasar malams, to the delight of many. Think French Fries but on a stick. It’s visually appealing too, with a whole potato being sliced like a slinky toy and skewered on a stick.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Mystery Wuhan Virus Can Spread Between Humans; All Travellers from China to Go Though Screening
- Website Promoted By Popular S'pore YouTuber Blocked By Police For Being A Remote Gambling Site
- Man Borrowed $80 From Officer During NS, Returns It After 18 Years
- Everything About the $12 Million Hong Bao Toto Draw 2020 That’s Happening on 7 Feb
- Complete Guide to All the Extended MRT & Bus Services on CNY 2020 Eve
- Glass Table With Steamboat on Top ‘Exploded’; Owner & Guests Sent to Ng Teng Fong Hospital