Last Updated on 2016-05-18 , 3:56 pm
With several high-profile cases ongoing, Singaporeans have seen that attending a court sometimes could no longer be just about the case: it could be about what you wear and how you conduct yourself. Just ask Serina Wee: her fashion sense and good looks could have been the talking point of many instead of her court case.
Recently, Amos Yee, the teenager who was charged for sedition, was on the headline again. As we all Google for the latest news, a refreshing image greeted us instead.
We expected the smiles and the waves from him. But we got more from that; he was publicly eating a banana. And so, I’ve come out with five reasons why he wanted to be seen with a banana, despite knowing that cameras would be snapping every second the moment he got out of a vehicle.
1. He was really hungry
We all know that could not have been the reason, but that is one of the reasons that he can give without directly offending anyone (not that he cares, right?). No food and drinks in the taxi, so he did it outside the taxi. Yeah, we believe you, Mr Yee.
2. He wanted to show the Singapore laws something
A banana has a connotation as a manhood, and that itself refers to one of our fingers. And when pointing that finger, it has a different meaning altogether. Maybe I think too much. Or maybe—since many people have said that he is a smart boy—that could have been what he wanted us to interpret.
3. He wanted to tell everyone how indifferent he is
Or, in other words, “I don’t give a damn. Come at me!” He believes he’s going to a dance floor and not to a court. No one gives a damn to anyone eating a banana outside Zouk, right?
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
4. The taxi driver is trying to show him something
Just like #2, but with a plot twist: the driver shows him something, and he shows the laws something. Why so abstract, guys?
5. He just wants attention
He got it. He has always got it, after all.
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee