Last Updated on 2016-05-19 , 1:52 pm
The Indonesian island is home to many activities and places to visit. It’s confusing to know what you must do, see or even eat during your limited time in Bali. Even spending all of your days on the beach isn’t such a bad idea, it’s called a vacation for a reason after all. If you’re still unsure, here’s a list of some things you must do when visiting Bali.
Laze away at a beach club
Lazing away at a beach club with your significant other or a group of friends is perhaps the best way to unwind on your first or last day in Bali. Watching the waves crash on the beach while sipping a few drinks has an oddly therapeutic effect. Do spend a day like that to get away from the hectic pace of life back at home. You’ll probably be so relaxed that you end up thinking that time has stopped.
Eat, eat, eat
As with many Asian countries, food is both cheap and good so take advantage of that. From local delicacies such as Babi Guling (spit-roasted pork, think suckling pig) or Ayam Betutu (chicken cooked in banana leaves) to French and Italian food at reasonable prices, you’ll be scared to look at the weighing machine when you return home.
Diving in Singapore isn’t the most appealing activity but here in Bali where fish are abundant and waters are clear, it’s something you must do before you leave. If you’re feeling extra courageous, take up freediving, but keep in mind that you’re not a mermaid or Aquaman, so it takes a few days to learn.
Visit a temple
Even if you’re not a religious person, do visit a temple in Bali. There are many dotted around the island and the tranquil atmosphere within one will automatically put any worries you have at ease. They make for good pictures too, so for folks who’re crazy over Instagram, the temples in Bali make for great posts.
Spas, massages and the like
A trip in Bali isn’t complete without a visit to a spa. Go ahead and enjoy a full treatment from head to toe. From a detoxifying facial to a traditional Balinese massage that’s more relaxing than painful, you’ll definitely feel like you’re on cloud 9 if any of the previous activities have not satisfied you. Then again, with prices that make you feel like you’re robbing the spa, go for more than one massage, no one’s stopping you.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day