As a true-blue female Singaporean, it’s discouraging to see others labeling some of us as Sarong Party Girl (SPG)—a lady who prefers to date a white man than a Singaporean. To set the record straight, for me, it doesn’t matter where you come from, but who you are, that makes me attracted to you.
In fact, I personally think that Singaporean guys are much more attractive than white men. These are the reasons:
1. Singaporean guys are tough: they have taken hardship that not many have
If you’ve spoken to any Singaporean guy, you’ll have heard their NS stories of how they endure days in the jungle without showering, or how they manage to walk tens of kilometers carrying a backpack and battle gears that can go up to 30 kg. That itself would have shown how much hardship they can take. Even if they’ve not, they’re endured two years in an organization—that’s mental hardship.
2. Singaporean guys respect girls
Most of the Singaporean guys treat girls with respect and do not objectify them as some sex symbol. During conversations, they often make sure the things they say are not offensive to women. Whether it’s attributed our culture or their upbringing, it sure makes them more attractive.
3. Singaporean guys are competitive
In a small city-state like Singapore, striving for the best means fighting with the best. And fighting for the best is necessary for survival. Because of this, they’re usually more competitive, and a competitive man is a sexy man.
4. Singaporean guys are fit
Well, mostly. Most of them need to pass an annual fitness test as they’re reserve soldiers, and so, they’re often motivated to keep fit. If they fail, they’ll have to attend physical fitness training. That’s good enough, isn’t it?
5. Singaporean guys are responsible
While it might not be all, the Singaporean guys I’ve encountered often dare to face the music should they have done something wrong. Maybe they’re not used to running away from problems because in Singapore, one can run but cannot hide a problem. Now, this “kiasu-ness” to admit their mistakes is one that is apparently attractive.
6. Singaporean guys are family-oriented
Living with family before marriage, getting married before kids and settling down in a house after marriage—this is the Chinese culture, and while I don’t know about you, it sure sounds like a good deal to any girl who is looking for a serious relationship!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’pore Chinese Newspapers Call Mercs Lady ‘Hot Fiery Woman’ & Revealed Her Info Without Breaking The Law
- Korean Singer Leaves Band After Sleazy DMs To YouTuber Were Exposed
- Skimpy School Uniform, Like Amended Short Skirt, Now Illegal in Thailand
- Actor Lawrence Wong Gives Up Drinking Bubble Tea Daily Because It Makes His Face Sag
- M’sian Man Caught Sleeping With 2 Women Said He Was Scared Of Lizard In His Room
- Bride’s Parents Walk Down The Aisle For Couple After Groom Was Hospitalised