2018 marks the start of many concerts, music and food festivals right here in Singapore. From performances by your favourite singers to urban Arts festivals and musicals for kids, there’s one for everyone this year. What better way to start off a year than singing along to the best hits by your favourite singers? So to make sure you don’t miss out, we’ve listed down some of the best events right here in Singapore that you should look out for this new year!
1. Light to Night Festival 2018: Colour Sensations
Well if you’re fretting over the fact that you will not be able to make it to Coachella again this year then here’s something to help cheer you up. Singapore’s very own, Light to Night Festival is back again, and this time better than ever to satisfy your music fest cravings. The fest’s wonderful lineup coupled with its uniquely mesmerizing theme makes it one of the most anticipated events of the year.
- Date: 19-28 January 2018 (performances are only held on weekends)
- Time: 4 pm – 1 am
- Admission: Free
2. Harry Styles & Niall Horan
Missed that One Direction concert back in 2015? Well, that’s alright because this year you get to watch half of the band back in action, separately of course. Niall Horan, the cute Irish lad and the youngest but the most liked member, Harry Styles will be performing in Singapore soon.
So calling all Directioners here’s your chance to belt out Slow Hands and Sign of the Times while admiring their gorgeous faces in real life.
- Date: Harry Styles Tour, 3 May 2018. Niall Horan Flicker World Tour, 12 June 2018
- Venue: Harry Styles Tour, The Star Performing Arts Centre. Niall Horan Flicker World Tour, The Star Theatre
- Admission: Ticket prices vary
3. KidsFest 2018
Just like every other year, KidsFest is back again in 2018 with yet another amazing collection of plays based on famous children books. The first Kids Fest was launched by ABA Productions around 6 years ago. Although designed especially for kids, the fest is suitable for your all and lasts for a total of 3 weeks.
This year’s KidFest brings to life the classic favourite, The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, among others.
- Date: 17 January 2018 – 11 February 2018
- Venue: KC Arts Centre – Home of SRT and Victoria Theatre
- Admission: Tickets are priced from $42, per person
*Ticket price excludes booking fees
(Article continues below) Do you know that your company can’t deduct a fixed amount of money if you’re late for work? Or that you can’t work more than 12 hours a day? Here’s a video on the ten rights you have as an employee you confirm-plus-chop didn’t know of (but you still let your boss bully you ‘coz you’re scared of him / her):
Remember to subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel too!
4. Clean Bandit
Clean Bandit, the voice behind chart-topping songs Rockabye and Symphony are finally coming to Singapore again! Following their last performance at the Coliseum at the Hard Rock Hotel, back in 2015, the band will be granting Singapore fans with yet another chance to watch them live.
- Date: 22 January 2018
- Venue: Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Centre
5. St Jerome Laneway Festival
Although it was first launched in Melbourne in 2005, the Laneway Festival wasn’t introduced to the Asian market till 2011. Singapore happened to be their first and currently only Asian stop. Ever since then, it has been an annual affair in the country, and this year we’ve got it better than ever with one of the hottest lineup performing for us!
So get your music fest vibes on and jam out to some of the best local as well as international artists.
- Date: 27 January 2018
- Venue: The Meadow, Gardens by The Bay
- Admission: Tickets are priced at $158 for standard tickets and $200 for door sales
6. Super Junior
Where my K-POP lovers at? Get ready for a second visit by your all-time favourite Korean boy band, Super Junior this month! The boys are back again this time with their 7th world tour, “SUPER SHOW 7”. So get ready to scream your lungs out with one of the biggest boy bands in the world!
- Date: 27 January 2018
- Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Admission: Tickets are priced from S$168, per person
7. Safari Zoo Run 2018
Safari Zoo Run hits its 10-year mark this 2018, and citizens can expect a lot more compared to the years before. The run was originally started as a tribute to Ah Meng, a Sumatran Orangutan, who was a favourite among Singaporeans and sadly died of old age.
Get your sports shoes on, and get ready to run alongside the 4 adorable animal icons, Ah Meng the Orangutan, Chawang the Asian Elephant, Canola the Manatee and Sunny the Hornbill.
- Date: 27 January 2018
- Venue: Singapore Zoo
- Admission: Tickets are priced from $50, per person
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Ultimate Guide to The Fortune of All 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs in 2020 (Would You Huat or Lose Everything in the Rat year?)
- Website Promoted By Popular S'pore YouTuber Blocked By Police For Being A Remote Gambling Site
- Man Borrowed $80 From Officer During NS, Returns It After 18 Years
- Everything About the $12 Million Hong Bao Toto Draw 2020 That’s Happening on 7 Feb
- Complete Guide to All the Extended MRT & Bus Services on CNY 2020 Eve
- CNY Ang Bao Rates 2020 Based On A Regular S’porean’s Income