A staycation is a fun and sometimes glamorous way to gather with loved ones. However, with a hefty price tag and the annoying prospect of unavailable rooms, organising one is often but a rare occurrence. Here’s a long-term solution — why not build a home that looks straight out of a hotel suite? While you probably won’t have a million dollar view or concierge to serve you hand and foot, you can always have a place to getaway, any day.
1. An East-meets-West apartment ticks all the right boxes in the ‘comfort’ factor. Think Mandarin Oriental — Refined, contemporary furniture pair alongside Asian accents, such as the Japanese-style table lanterns and wooden partitions. It’s the perfect place to unwind and Netflix on a fluffy bed.
Interior Designer: Project File
Location: Meier Suites
Cost of Renovation: $74,000
2. This expansive home blends both modern and old-school to create a dark, masculine space. Vintage accessories, including a traditional typewriter and gramophone provide contrast to the stylish black and wood scheme. However, it’s the bathroom that delivers the most impact — clad in glossy tiles and glass, it includes a luxurious bathtub with a view, akin to the one at the Ritz-Carlton.
Interior Designer: Starry Homestead
Location: Waterfront Waves
Cost of Renovation: $65,000
3. Picture living the jet-set life here; this modern masterpiece definitely evokes the swanky, posh theme we often see in hotels such as W Hotel. Sophisticated wood, granite and fabrics in muted tones bring a touch of class and further accentuated with statement pieces.
Architect: TOPOS Design
4. Here’s a family-friendly suite that will appeal to all generations. Classy furnishings in shades of cream and brown reflect a timeless look that always pleases. A dash of smart metallics, from the gold cushions to the curtains add a hint of hotel-like luxury to the space.
Interior Designer: Rob.Wynn Interior Design Studio
Cost of Renovation: $42,000
5. Love quirky, multi-themed boutique hotels? Coming home to this every day would be a dream! Shapes and lines serve as the main theme here, found in the bold feature walls and rounded furniture. While the living and dining areas are opulent, bed and bathrooms take inspiration from Mondrian shapes, with light, colourful feature shadow boxes that remind us of Gallery Hotel’s iconic facade.
Interior Designer: Story of Us
Location: Reflections @ Keppel Bay
6. A sleek aesthetic has always been one favoured by hotels. Here, a New-York style home lives up to this description, using glossy materials like glass with urban woods and matte blacks. The smart use of warm spotlights and backlights further add an air of exclusivity.
Interior Designer: Posh Home
Location: Yishun Avenue 4
Cost of Renovation: $45,000
7. Throw the perfect slumber party every weekend in this chic and cosy hideaway. A calming palette of greys and whites is given an upscale spin, with the use of quality finishes and polished furniture. Girls will definitely appreciate the glitzy walk-in closet, complete with a pretty, built-in dresser. Feeling tired after a long heart-to-heart talk? Head on to the grand bedroom for a restful night’s’ sleep.
Interior Designer: Mr Shopper Studio
Location: SkyTerrace @ Dawson
Cost of Renovation: $100,000
5 Improvements You Can Make to Your Home to Bring it to the Next Level
7 Simple and Clean Home Designs Perfect for People Who’s Obsessed with Cleanliness
8 Home Designs so Easily Cleaned They’re Perfect for Lazy People
Wish one of these were yours? We have experts on hand for the job. If you want to renovate your home, send us a quote request, with your preferred style and budget, and we’ll match you with five interior firms for free. Download the free Qanvast app from the App Store and Google Play to browse and save home ideas, costings and even reviews of more than 200 designers on the go!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill