Last Updated on 2020-02-13 , 12:13 pm
Sembawang might be pretty ulu but that doesn’t mean they don’t have any good food! In fact, you’ll be surprised by how long the queues are for some of the restaurants listed below. Whether you are craving authentic Cantonese food or mouthwateringly-delicious crabs, you will find them in this gem of a neighbourhood district! So let’s take a look at all the good Sembawang food you can get!
Chong Pang Nasi Lemak
447 Sembawang Road, 758404
The aroma of coconut-scented rice and the crispiness of their specially-marinated chicken wings is sure to give you intense cravings for the nasi lemak here.
57 Jalan Mempurong, 759057
This bikers-themed restaurant might be a bit ulu (2.7km from Sembawang MRT) but Handlebar Sembawang is worth it to visit to chill out with your friends over a beer or two. Order their Cocaine wings, they sound dubious but it just means that their spiciness is super addictive.
Sembawang White Bee Hoon (You Huak)
22 Jalan Tampang, S(758966)
One of the most famous Sembawang food you can find is this beehoon, a seafood stir fry in white gravy. You can expect to witness scarily long queues on weekends but queuing means it’s worth it!
Sembawang Community Club
2 Sembawang Crescent #01-03 S(787431)
The curry chicken is cooked to perfect tenderness, while the mix of spices and curry hits all the right notes.
Soon Kee Teochew Muay
#01-04/07, Hong Heng Garden
33 Sembawang Road, 779084
Much of the food is sold out before 2pm, so be sure to come here early for the freshest porridge servings. Order the braised pork, which is perfect when paired with plain Teochew porridge.
List of Accusations Made Against the 2 Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road:
Sum’s Kitchen (深記)
3 Jalan Legundi
Located just opposite famous Sembawang food, Sembawang White Bee Hoon, this zichar place serves one of the best roasted ducks in Singapore. So popular, in fact, that you have to call to reserve a roasted duck days in advance.
Ju Bao Hong Kong Cuisine (聚宝美食坊)
435 Sembawang Road, 758398
This restaurant serves excellent Cantonese cuisine, with highlights such as the steamed chicken with red dates and black fungus and double-boiled watercress soup.
Shami Banana Leaf Delights (Sembawang)
349 Sembawang Road, 758356
Their nasi briyani is unrivalled in terms of taste, not too spicy and yet bursting with South Indian flavours.
The Famous Kitchen
#01-01, Hong Heng Mansion
54 Sembawang Road, 779085
If you are craving for crab, this is it. Their specialty dishes include all kinds of crabs, from Chili crab to Black Pepper Crab to Salted Baked Flower Crab.
- SUTD Launching Free 3-Year Programming Course With No Teachers & No Classes
- McDonald’s Launching Coconut-Flavoured Soft-Serve Ice Cream on 29 May; Will Be Giving Out 500 Free Cones
- Everything About Renting a Colonial House in Singapore, Simplified for You
- Netizens Reportedly Unhappy With Newly-Revealed NDP Song Because It’s Too “Megachurch-y”
- honestbee Saga Hasn’t Ended As It Still Owes Money to Ex-Employees & Vendors
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee