Australia University Evacuated Due to ‘Gas Leak’; Turns Out It’s Durian (Again)

Image: YouTube (UCLibraryChannel) + Thassin / Shutterstock.com

I know what you’re thinking: isn’t that old news?

Well, read on and you’ll understand.

University of Canberra

As the name of the university suggests, this university is located in the capital city of Australia. With about 13,000 students, it was first established in 1967 as the Canberra College of Advanced Education (CCAE) before changing its name to the current University of Canberra.

It’s just another university that we Singaporeans aren’t that familiar with, because let’s face it: we only know about RMIT in Australia.

But on Friday, something happened and everyone knows about this school now.

And we might just become a fan of the university based on how they reacted to a “crisis”.

10 May 2019

On Friday at about 2:30 p.m. local time (12:30 p.m. here in Singapore), 550 people from the University of Canberra Library,  which is housed in its own building, were evacuated.

Everyone was out of the building within six minutes, and firefighters were called in to investigate.

So, what happened?

There was a suspected “gas leak” in the building. And suffice to say, a gas leak isn’t a play-play thing: if it’s flammable, all it takes is a spark from a lighter or a fart from BuffLord95  and the whole building would be burning in seconds.

The firefighters risked their lives to find the source of the smell, poring through rooms that could blow up within seconds.

In addition, the University of Canberra Library Facebook Page also posted an update, leaving the reason unmentioned, which led to speculations.

Their first update

Discovery

A whole hour later, the firefighters finally found the source of the smell: it was from a durian.

Click Here to Download the Free App and Read The Full Article

Do you have a friend who’s always smiling? Watch this video and you’ll know why he or she is always so happy: