Note to self: I should have an Instagram account, so that should I need to make any announcement, I can merely post it there instead of WhatsApping everyone.
And another note to self: my Chinese isn’t that bad, considering that I’ve translated a few Instagram posts without the help of my colleague who did the translation for our videos’ subtitles.
(I might not have an Instagram account but Goody Feed has: check us out leh)
And if you’re wondering why I’m blabbering about Instagram and Chinese, here’s why:
Ian Fang has finally responded publicly about the recent Ian-Carrie saga, and it’s via Instagram in Chinese.
A Recap Fastly
The talented man (you’d have to admit he’s talented given that he’s more than an actor) has finally posted a public statement this early morning when everyone’s sleeping after a night’s out.
Lest you’re new to the real-life drama, here’s a brief recap:
- Leaked Instagram DMs imply that Carrie Wong, who’s attached to a Taiwanese Boris Lin, is having a physical relationship with Ian Fang
- Both clarified that the DMs were made in jest and that they were merely good friends
- The leaked DMs also show them badmouthing about Lawrence Wong, an actor who’s taking over Aloysius Pang in a Mediacorp drama
- Carrie apologised to Lawrence privately and via an Instagram post
- Boris Lin commented on the post, stating that “I will always be on your side”
- Another leaked video emerged, this time showing a WhatsApp chat between Carrie and a friend
- In the WhatsApp chat, Carrie stated that she is torn between Ian and Boris
- One thing to note is that Carrie has not responded to the WhatsApp chat, so its authenticity is still unverified
- Boris released a public statement via his lawyer on Instagram, stating that he’s on Carrie’s side and also opened up his Instagram account.
And now, the continuation.