The Internet is revolutionizing every industry at a rapid rate: from video games to bookselling to shoes. Many companies have tried to change their system to survive, but it’s always a hit-and-miss game: you either win to fight another battle or you close down.
But Bata—Bata does it so well here that I’m now looking forward to buying a pair of dress shoes from them after my current one is worn out.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Bata”? It’s usually “Buy And Throw Away”. But they’ve really successfully changed my mindset with this simple, and powerful, redirection: Bata is the brand that everyone has bought and worn before when we were in school—both Singaporeans and Malaysians. It’s not merely a pair of shoes—it’s part of our memories. Bata told us implicitly that we’ve grown up when we changed from Velcro to shoelaces. When we no longer wore Bata, Bata told us that we’ve become adults.
Simple, powerful and surprising heartwarming. And they did it with a video that just shouts “remember me this way!”
Converse, be warned.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Baby Drinks 1.5 Litres Of Coffee Every Day As Parents Can‘t Afford Milk
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King’s Bulgogi Chicken Review: More like Bugouji (不够鸡)
- Woman Suffered Terrible Rash On Body After Three Months of Working Late
- 25YO Man Avoids Peeing After Night of Heavy Drinking; Wakes Up With Ruptured Bladder
- M’sian Who Drank at Least 2 Soft Drinks Every Day Almost Loses Arm
- The Number of Times A Person Has To Poop A Day Based On Statistics