Last Updated on 2016-05-30 , 9:36 am
The Internet is revolutionizing every industry at a rapid rate: from video games to bookselling to shoes. Many companies have tried to change their system to survive, but it’s always a hit-and-miss game: you either win to fight another battle or you close down.
But Bata—Bata does it so well here that I’m now looking forward to buying a pair of dress shoes from them after my current one is worn out.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Bata”? It’s usually “Buy And Throw Away”. But they’ve really successfully changed my mindset with this simple, and powerful, redirection: Bata is the brand that everyone has bought and worn before when we were in school—both Singaporeans and Malaysians. It’s not merely a pair of shoes—it’s part of our memories. Bata told us implicitly that we’ve grown up when we changed from Velcro to shoelaces. When we no longer wore Bata, Bata told us that we’ve become adults.
Simple, powerful and surprising heartwarming. And they did it with a video that just shouts “remember me this way!”
Converse, be warned.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake