The Internet is revolutionizing every industry at a rapid rate: from video games to bookselling to shoes. Many companies have tried to change their system to survive, but it’s always a hit-and-miss game: you either win to fight another battle or you close down.
But Bata—Bata does it so well here that I’m now looking forward to buying a pair of dress shoes from them after my current one is worn out.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Bata”? It’s usually “Buy And Throw Away”. But they’ve really successfully changed my mindset with this simple, and powerful, redirection: Bata is the brand that everyone has bought and worn before when we were in school—both Singaporeans and Malaysians. It’s not merely a pair of shoes—it’s part of our memories. Bata told us implicitly that we’ve grown up when we changed from Velcro to shoelaces. When we no longer wore Bata, Bata told us that we’ve become adults.
Simple, powerful and surprising heartwarming. And they did it with a video that just shouts “remember me this way!”
Converse, be warned.
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage