The Internet is revolutionizing every industry at a rapid rate: from video games to bookselling to shoes. Many companies have tried to change their system to survive, but it’s always a hit-and-miss game: you either win to fight another battle or you close down.
But Bata—Bata does it so well here that I’m now looking forward to buying a pair of dress shoes from them after my current one is worn out.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word “Bata”? It’s usually “Buy And Throw Away”. But they’ve really successfully changed my mindset with this simple, and powerful, redirection: Bata is the brand that everyone has bought and worn before when we were in school—both Singaporeans and Malaysians. It’s not merely a pair of shoes—it’s part of our memories. Bata told us implicitly that we’ve grown up when we changed from Velcro to shoelaces. When we no longer wore Bata, Bata told us that we’ve become adults.
Simple, powerful and surprising heartwarming. And they did it with a video that just shouts “remember me this way!”
Converse, be warned.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- Everything About the Mahathir’s Resignation Explained in Simple Terms That a 5YO Can Understand
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About