Last Updated on 2020-02-12 , 2:26 pm
Recently, a Facebook status update was shared by a friend, and what caught my attention was this:
“Everything goes for RM2 (about S$0.70) – from sundry goods to stationery, to hardware, to drinks and snacks. And there’s no compromise to the quality of the goods in many cases.”
In case you’re not aware, the conversion rate of Singapore to Malaysia is now more than 3. In other words, SGD$1 = more than RM3.
Doesn’t that mean…everything is going at around $0.65 there? Here are some images shared by Andrew Chan, the person who went there before.
It’s kind of like your very own Johor Bahru hardware shop or an eco shop across the border:
RM2 Shop In JB
All these for RM2? Okay, he’s got us. According to our research, this is a chain of stores selling affordable items. Working much like the Value Dollar Shop in Singapore, this is much cheaper due to our strong Singapore dollars.
The closest outlet is the Desaru branch. For drivers, this is the address: 83, 85, 87 (Ground & 1st Floor), Jalan Jelutong 1, Taman Desaru Utama, 81930 Bandar Penawar, Johor.
Seriously, this place is a steal so if you’re looking to buy knick-knacks, give City Square Daiso a miss and head straight for this little gem.
P.S. If you’re taking public transport from Singapore, take a bus to JB Sentral, go to the taxi ticketing counter (do not accept anyone who just offer you a ride for a price near there, because they’ll jack up the cost) and tell the counter the place, whereby they will offer you a taxi for a reasonable price.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast