Most of us hate cockroaches with a passion, I believe. They’re unbelievably fast, extremely tenacious and are said to be able to survive apocalypse even if the entire mankind is wiped out, which is highly likely, given that even if you decapitate them, they’re still able to live.
We all thought that cockroaches are harmful because they’re disease-carrying agents and if they crawl on your body or bedding, they’re bringing bacteria from the rubbish chutes, the sewers and the garbage to you, but if that’s not bad enough, here’s another reason for us to dislike them – they DO bite people.
Cockroaches are omnivorous creatures and eat both plants and meat. In fact, cockroaches have been recorded to have eaten human flesh, be the bodies dead or living, and their bites might cause swelling or lesions. In fact, there were some who suffered from minor wound infections after getting bitten by these little critters.
In fact, it was said that the worst infestations took place on ships, and sailors had to wear gloves in order to prevent cockroaches from biting their fingers.
However, it’s pretty rare for a cockroach to bite people, as they much prefer scavenging from the rubbish themselves, but if there is an infestation and the food sources in the location is unable to provide for their entire population, you can be sure that they’d pay a visit to you in the middle of the night.
In fact, here’s another good news for you: It’s usually the American and Australian cockroaches that are likelier to bite people, and Germany cockroaches have been recorded to bite people.
But we’d still ask you to exercise caution and check your house for infestation because it’s definitely better to be safe than sorry, right?
Did you come across this article on Facebook? If so, then you should really join our Telegram channel here (https://t.me/goodyfeedsg) because Facebook algorithm is showing you just the depressing side of Singapore. You won't want that, right?
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Ultimate Guide to The Fortune of All 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs in 2020 (Would You Huat or Lose Everything in the Rat year?)
- 24YO Who Starved Herself Trying To Save Money For Brother’s Medical Treatment Dies
- Creative Debt Collector Who Dressed Up In Funeral Garb & Disturbed Employees Jailed
- Video Reveals Serious Collision Between an SBS Bus & Lorry That Broke Lorry Into 2 Pieces; Lorry Driver is a P-Plate Driver Without a P-Plate
- NEA: Singaporeans More Vulnerable To ‘New’ Version Of Dengue That Appeared in 2020
- CNY Ang Bao Rates 2020 Based On A Regular S’porean’s Income