Last Updated on 2017-05-10 , 12:56 pm
You’ve heard this in Singapore many times before: “For this price, I can buy three of them in another country!”
After all, due to our land size, small market and highly developed economy, everything is usually much more expensive. Here are five things that you’ll have heard of before!
Cars Simply put, for the price of renting a Toyota for ten years here in Singapore, you can buy two to three Mercedes elsewhere. And these Mercedes stay with you forever. The Toyota doesn’t.
Housing For the price of a small apartment in Singapore, you can buy a mansion elsewhere. With a swimming pool, garden and maybe even a maid. Oh, the apartment in Singapore will only be yours for ninety-nine years, for your info. Elsewhere, you can even keep the maid forever as a wife.
Watching World Cup (or any other events) FIFA said we are rich, so they charge us more. TV stations said we are rich, so they charge us more. We said we are not rich, so we don’t watch. It’s no wonder we will never play in the World Cup.
Medical expenses Sometimes, I tend to agree. That’s why since we were young, we were told this: Prevention is better than cure. Or, in other ways, spend some money regularly than to spend more money when you’re sick. (P.S. The painkiller is used merely as a reference. Try not to take any painkillers if possible)
Labour Eh. Seems legit.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that’re only available in our app! It’s your prefect companion for your daily commute!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake