Last Updated on 2016-12-07 , 8:28 pm
So what encompass a good Laksa dish? The tantalizing broth infused with sufficient coconut milk and hae bi?
The consistency of their noodles or the freshness of their key ingredients?
Well, if you are on the look out for an authentic and delicious bowl of laksa, Sungei Road’s laksa would be the answer. Plus, its affordably priced at ONLY S$2 which is a real steal!
It is probably the last few laksa stalls left that cooks their gravy over a charcoal stove – using traditional preparation methods to deliver the most authentic experience to their customers.
Once you step food into the hole-in-the-wall coffee shop, you will be able to spot a snaking queue. The laksa stall is usually helmed by three people – one taking the orders, the other one adding in the ingredients and and old uncle filling up the bowl of laksa with the gorgeous orange gravy.
If you feel that the S$2 portion is too little, you can also purchase the S$3 bowl which has more noodles in it. The laksa at Sungei Road is served just like the one at Katong Laksa – without chopsticks. The reason for doing so is for customers to take in the best experience of having the Laksa noodles with its accompanying gravy. The noodles were springy and chewy, cut into smaller strips for easier eating.
The laksa gravy came in a shade of a gorgeous orange and was light, flavourful and not overly spicy – using less coconut milk which was much easier on our palates.
The bowl of laksa was also topped with a generous amount of cockles, laksa leaves and bean sprouts – my favourite!
If you are looking for the best Laksa in Singapore – this is possibly it.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death