Last Updated on 2016-05-30 , 9:36 am
I’m sure if you look at your SMS inbox, you always receive this SMS once a month: “You have used more than your local data bundle on <your number> as of <time + date>….Excess data charges will apply.” While I understand that telecoms have no choice but to generate revenue with excess data, we consumers are always trying to find ways to avoid that.
And do you know that if you surf the Internet with your phone often, you can reduce your data usage by a fair bit without compromising on your experience?
This only applies to Google Chrome users—so the solution for people using other browsers is to use Google Chrome instead (I’m waiting to be a Google ambassador; D). Just follow these instructions:
1. Open your Google Chrome browser
2. Go to menu, then setting
3. Find “Advanced”
4. Tap on “Reduce data usage”
Without going into the technical terms on why that can be done, I will just give you an example: when you go to a website, your phone downloads single picture and words on the website to your browser so that you can see the website. When you switch this on, the phone will download less, YET showing the exact same page because you’ve once been there (so it doesn’t re-download the same image but show the previously downloaded images). Cool? It’s old technology to some and new to some.
So go ahead and save some money now. Thank me later.
Why Presidential Election 2023 Will Start from June 2023 After President Halimah’s Announcemen:
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Higher Risk of Haze & Warmer Weather in S’pore Expected For Jun to Oct 2023
- Uncle Ambushed Cai Png Stall Owner On His Way to the Toilet For Giving Too Little Chicken
- Woman Panicked & Pleaded Profusely After Caught Stealing Toilet Paper; Netizens Divided over TikToker’s Actions
- S’pore Influencer Ghosted Thai Eatery After Free Meal; Later Claimsed It’s a Misunderstanding
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee