How healthy are Singaporeans?
- The average Singaporean’s probability of dying from respiratory disease, cancer, heart disease or diabetes is at 10.1%
- More than 1 in 10 Singaporeans are obese.
- Singaporeans who are obese have a higher probability of diabetes and heart disease.
- 16.3% of Singaporeans smoke, and smokers are three times more likely to get stroke and heart attacks.
source: Mount Elizabeth
There is no need to further emphasize the importance of healthy living, especially when the cost of Singapore’s medical bill is off the roof.
Yoga Places in Singapore that cost less than S$25 per session
Some of the health benefits of Yoga are:
- improves flexibility
- perfects posture
- Improves blood circulation
- Boosts immunity
- Lower risk of heart attack
- Lowers blood sugar
- Helps one focus
While it is believed to be an expensive hobby, Zen-seeking Singaporeans can now look to these gyms for their regular yoga sessions. Gone were the days where one needs to worry about the price, which ironically defeats the purpose of yoga to help one relax.
My recent Grab Hitch ride with a fitness trainer from Fit Club introduced me to their initiative.
Singapore Fit Club conducts group exercises and shares nutrition knowledge to help one achieve his health and fitness goals. These sessions are usually held after work hours at a public area in Singapore for the convenience of Singaporeans.
Their pricing is really reasonable at only S$38 for 8 sessions. Singaporeans new to Club Fit can also sign up for their First Time Trial at only S$8 for 8 fitness workouts.
*Take note, however, they are by Herbalife and has the possibility of recommending products to you. Do feel free to do your own research before purchasing.source: Fit Club
On top of that, they hold regular events such as Nutrition Workshop and My Weight Loss Competition where the winner can walk off with cash prices or a getaway trip.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
Editor’s note: Enquired about their services for a severely overweight friend of mine. Was visualising my unhealthy friend getting forced to do Spartan Workout which can potentially kill him. No worries! It is not a boot camp and the instructors assess the physical qualities of every individual and adjust the intensity accordingly.
1Fiesta: Zumba Classes at S$15 per session
Already gaining its popularity in Singapore, Zumba introduces the element of fun and dance into your workout, making your exercise routine more enjoyable.
Some of the health benefits of Zumba are:
- Calorie and fat burning
- Full body workout
- Increase the strength of your heart.
- Helps maintain good cardiovascular respiratory system
1Fiesta conducts their classes after work hours and weekends around 9 places in Singapore, and all classes are at S$15 per lesson.
Swimming: Keeping fit at less than S$2 per sessionPersonally, swimming is the least logistic heavy sports. There is no need to carry an extra pair of shoes to work and I get to be in a very comfortable attire throughout the session.
With so many swimming pools in Singapore offering per entry at less than S$2, there is no reason for someone to not give swimming a shot in his workout routine.
Some of the health benefits of Swimming are:
- Help reduce stress
- Burn calories
- Help reduce chances of heart diseases, stroke and diabetes.
- Exercise without the sweat!
Below are the rates for swimming pools around Singapore:
Further reading: A more cheapo way will be to exploit the swimming pool of your relative or friend’s condominium. #justsaying
Further Reading: Gym Memberships
Should you still prefer heading to the gym to keep fit, here is the breakdown of the cost based on another of our article:
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
Featured Image: aslysun / Shutterstock.com
- Pretty Lady Fined for Holding Finished Cigg in Covered Walkway. It’s the 2nd Case in Two Weeks; Here’re The Details
- Super Local & Cute Bubble Tea Earrings Are Being Sold in Spore. They’re Really Cuteness Overload!
- Woman Nearly Lost Her Eyesight After Binge-Watching Yanxi Palace for 7 Days. Here’s What Happened